Tangent Thread - Pizza and Taco Edition

I haven't read a single word of this thread so this is my own tangent.  A tangent within a tangent.  I think it's weird that people get so worked up about pineapple on pizza.  There's weirder pizza toppings.  Nebraskans put ground beef on pizza.  How weird and bland and boring is that?

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I haven't read a single word of this thread so this is my own tangent.  A tangent within a tangent.  I think it's weird that people get so worked up about pineapple on pizza.  There's weirder pizza toppings.  Nebraskans put ground beef on pizza.  How weird and bland and boring is that?

That's just like your opinion man

• Haha 7
  • Oh Yeah! 2
16 hours ago, The Dude said:

Add Sauerkraut and you have heaven.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 7/8/2021 at 8:19 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Add Sauerkraut and you have heaven.  

I'm half horrified half intrigued.   It wouldn't be boring, that's for sure.

I was thinking about it and I think you could make beef pizza work if the beef was properly seasoned, properly seared meatballs.  Which hasn't been the case every time I've tried it.  

On 7/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, The Dude said:

Imo, you have to really want to make a pizza that does not work together. I mean a white sauce with shrimp, crab and scallops sounds great to me

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Pizza is one of those foods that you need to think of as a blank canvas.  Look, I can eat a pepperoni pizza every single day and be happy but it is fun to try making your own pizza with stuff you like.

Wife made a pizza from a cookbook that had thinly sliced potatoes and burrata on a basil pesto sauce