Tangent Thread - Pizza and Taco Edition

Unfortunately I live on the IL/WI state line and I have never eaten pizza from Valentino's.  I would love to try it.  I've worked in pizza places for many years and the last one was a mom and pop that had Chicago style pizza.  The thin cracker like crust just isn't my thing.  I haven't eaten at a godfather's in a very long time but if I recall it was some seriously greasy pizza.  Which isn't always a bad thing I guess.  

Did anybody try the ice cream that a student made in Lincoln when he started his own business on campus?  From what I could read about it he actually made his own ice cream.  Obviously that piqued my interest.

And since we're on the topic of Nebraska food I find it disappointing no one mentioned runzas.  I make my own and the last time I used venison.  They were wonderful and my friends loved them.  

One question I would love to ask the fine folks here is what flavor of ice cream would be symbolic of Nebraska?  I'm thinking maybe a strawberry rhubarb.  Or plum.  I used to spend my summers in Columbus at my grandmother's and she had a plum tree in her backyard.  I remember that many of her neighbors also group plums in their backyards.  Something about the soil really made those plum trees produce.  

Sorry to go off-topic.  I'm going to go see where the nearest Godfather's Pizza is from me.  I've got the commercial stuck in my head where the old man says, "Do it!"

My interest in ice cream is because I have a YouTube channel called Ice Cream Every Day.  https://youtube.com/channel/UCFHtvAYS2lA196cNSQd4JZQ

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Pizza is one of those foods that you need to think of as a blank canvas.  Look, I can eat a pepperoni pizza every single day and be happy but it is fun to try making your own pizza with stuff you like.

Right,...I got some dough....what I got in the fridge and pantry?

I'll tell you what you got...you got some easy magic 

• Plus1 1