Tangent Thread - Pizza and Taco Edition

as someone who is allergic to cheese  I don't typically argue about pizza.  I've learned that pizza really comes down to the sauce.  Maybe the cheese affects it but there are pizza joints that people love but I go there and order a meat lovers with no cheese and the sauce is super sweet.  It doesn't taste right to me.  People hate on Domino's but they make a pretty good cheese less meat lovers pizza.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

as someone who is allergic to cheese

You have my condolences. 

1 minute ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I've learned that pizza really comes down to the sauce.  Maybe the cheese affects it but there are pizza joints that people love but I go there and order a meat lovers with no cheese and the sauce is super sweet.  It doesn't taste right to me.  People hate on Domino's but they make a pretty good cheese less meat lovers pizza.

There's a lot of truth here. A good sauce is essential. We ordered a pizza last weekend, and the sauce was just tomatoes and salt. It was OK, and different than what we get from this area, but I wouldn't order it again. 

Crust is more important than anything on the list of things a pizza needs to get right. I've rarely come across pizza that screws up the sauce that badly, but a good crust separates the men from the boys.

15 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

The Vals pizza at games is fire.  It is not the same as Vals at the restaurant.  If you disagree you are wrong and should feel bad.

I've always tried to make sure I'm not just "caught up in the moment" but it definitely seems this way to me.  I think their restaurant pizza is pretty decent but I always get a slice at games.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

The Vals pizza at games is fire.  It is not the same as Vals at the restaurant.  If you disagree you are wrong and should feel bad.

Vals game pizza = average.

Vals takeout/restaurant pizza = garbage.

I don't know what kind of bird excrement they drop into their restaurant/takeout pizzas but it's not good pizza. Game pizza is definitely better, but it's still on the lower tier of pizzas.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've always tried to make sure I'm not just "caught up in the moment" but it definitely seems this way to me.  I think their restaurant pizza is pretty decent but I always get a slice at games.

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Vals game pizza = average.

Vals takeout/restaurant pizza = garbage.

I don't know what kind of bird excrement they drop into their restaurant/takeout pizzas but it's not good pizza. Game pizza is definitely better, but it's still on the lower tier of pizzas.

I'm not sure what it is but there's definitely a difference.  I'm not a huge fan of their in the restaurant pizza but I haven't eaten at one in about a decade.

A piping hot slice of Val's on a cold game day is where it's at.

4 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I'm not sure what it is but there's definitely a difference.  I'm not a huge fan of their in the restaurant pizza but I haven't eaten at one in about a decade.

A piping hot slice of Val's on a cold game day is where it's at.

As of about 15 years ago it was the same pizza.  I worked at the Vals at 70th and Havelock and we’d have to run things to them if they started running low.

The main difference would be the stadium pizza isn’t fresh.  It sits in warmers for a few hours before the game even starts…