Fall Camp

@RedSavage Ehh, maybe. I could see having a history of injuries eliminating him from consideration by P5 schools, but I'd still think he could find something at a lower tier. If it were a nagging injury bothering him, I would think he would've just announced his retirement from football a few months ago, instead of going into the portal.

Of course, it's not an either/or thing, could have just been one consideration of many.

20 minutes ago, Toe said:

@RedSavage Ehh, maybe. I could see having a history of injuries eliminating him from consideration by P5 schools, but I'd still think he could find something at a lower tier. If it were a nagging injury bothering him, I would think he would've just announced his retirement from football a few months ago, instead of going into the portal.

Of course, it's not an either/or thing, could have just been one consideration of many.

Agreed.  Hard to say.  Maybe he just decided the wear and tear wasn't worth it, especially if he wasn't going to go somewhere worthwhile and have a career after college.  My guess is he tested the waters and when no one bit, he decided to call it quits.

• Plus1 2

45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am so ready for fall camp to start so we have something else to talk about other than crap that doesn't have anything to do with the season like NIL or conference expansion....etc.

GBR!!!

Amen to that! But you know there will still be the same cadre of insufferable twits that will dump on every story that comes out of camp

• Plus1 4
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am so ready for fall camp to start so we have something else to talk about other than crap that doesn't have anything to do with the season like NIL or conference expansion....etc.

GBR!!!

Same here!  +1

Sooo,.....when do they hand out the blackshirts?

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, I’m assuming the alt uniforms weren’t unveiled at fan day. 

why isn’t there more outrage?

I think we've only won 3 games in alternate uniforms since joining the B1G, and two were versus Illinois. Something like that.  The alternate uni curse is real.

• Thanks 1