Sellout Streak in 2021

Those that pooh pooh the sellout streak, need to get a life and stay on their own teams message boards- Iowa losers, grow up, get a legit hobby, make a real life friend (not imaginary). If you aren't a fan or don't go to the games- shut the f#@% up and get a life. Be happy for the people who do go and have a blast doing so, you miserable, bitter, poor lonely pieces of s#%!^. 

The sellout streak is iconic and is a VERY valuable asset when it comes to recruiting- many players cite the fan support as the reason they choose to come to Nebraska. To do this over the last 58 years in good times and bad is a testament to fan support- we aren't bandwagon fans. Who cares if some tickets here and there are bought by boosters when West Virginia Tech turns in their unsold allotment and NU has 3-4 days to get rid of those tickets. That DOESNT matter- the tickets are sold. The streak will never be broken by another team ever. And those saying HALF the stadium were Iowa fans- werent at the game- Ive not missed a game in over 40 years- that never happened. 

• Plus1 3

19 hours ago, Mavric said:

There are seats on the field as well.

Thanks. 

I kind of thought at the time that the concert would be a dry run for logistically how football games would need to be run.

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Those that pooh pooh the sellout street, need to get a life and stay on their own teams message boards- Iowa losers, grow up, get a legit hobby, make a real life friend (not imaginary). If you aren't a fan or don't go to the games- shut the f#@% up and get a life. Be happy for the people who do go and have a blast doing so, you miserable, bitter, poor lonely pieces of s#%!^

The sellout streak is iconic and is a VERY valuable asset when it comes to recruiting- many players cite the fan support as the reason they choose to come to Nebraska. To do this over the last 58 years in good times and bad is a testament to fan support- we aren't bandwagon fans. Who cares if some tickets here and there are bought by boosters when West Virginia Tech turns in their unsold allotment and NU has 3-4 days to get rid of those tickets. That DOESNT matter- the tickets are sold. The streak will never be broken by another team ever. And those saying HALF the stadium were Iowa fans- werent at the game- Ive not missed a game in over 40 years- that never happened. 

200.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
14 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

But they also had 12 Top-15 Finishes (2 vacated), 3 Conference Championships and 1 National Championship over that 23 years.

Is that so different from Nebraska's over the same stretch?  9 top 25 finishes.  4 top 15 finishes.  We have finished 1st in our division 7 times in that span.  We won 1 of them and many feel 2 others should have (Texas and Oklahoma games).    

My point is the doom and gloom crowd can't see the big picture.  It's very normal for teams to go through long stretches trying to find the right leadership.  It very difficult to do.  See Tennessee, Texas, Florida State, USC, etc...  

If Frost ends up not being the guy to lead Nebraska back to glory, someone else will eventually.  Again, I truly believe Frost will be the guy if our leadership gives him the time to get there.     

• Plus1 4
5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Thanks. 

I kind of thought at the time that the concert would be a dry run for logistically how football games would need to be run.

200.gif

They have a special at the blood bank in Lincoln, you get a bonus on the first time, then you can go twice a week. Plenty of time from now until game 1 to "donate" and save enough cash to buy yourself a ticket.

Just now, Nebraska55fan said:

They have a special at the blood bank in Lincoln, you get a bonus on the first time, then you can go twice a week. Plenty of time from now until game 1 to "donate" and save enough cash to buy a ticket.  

200w.gif?cid=82a1493byg48xc16cdce042xclf

Also, next time, feel free to @ me instead of subtweeting.

23 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Is that so different from Nebraska's over the same stretch?  9 top 25 finishes.  4 top 15 finishes.  We have finished 1st in our division 7 times in that span.  We won 1 of them and many feel 2 others should have (Texas and Oklahoma games).    

My point is the doom and gloom crowd can't see the big picture.  It's very normal for teams to go through long stretches trying to find the right leadership.  It very difficult to do.  See Tennessee, Texas, Florida State, USC, etc...  

If Frost ends up not being the guy to lead Nebraska back to glory, someone else will eventually.  Again, I truly believe Frost will be the guy if our leadership gives him the time to get there.     

I generally do agree with the point you're making about our fan support keeping our program's floor high and that the doom-and-gloom crowd isn't able to see the big picture, but I think we are at a disadvantage over a place like pre-Saban Alabama or current Texas because both those schools can throw a stone out their window and hit a dozen four-stars while we're located in the middle of Nebraska. It is a lot harder for NU to be good than those school; even when we were in the 80s and 90s it was because we found inefficiencies to exploit like S&C and the option. I'm not saying it can't happen again but just going "Alabama did it, so we can, too" doesn't track with me because it's always been harder for Nebraska to be good than other elite programs that have an easier time recruiting.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

So, like the Oklahoman said:  "'Taint much else t' be proud of up thar in Nebrasky."

Yes there is.  But we're especially proud of our warriors out there representing us as a great state.  We've fallen but we're getting up and we'll be fine in the long run.  Keep the sellout going by just remembering that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Hilltop said:

The big picture for me points out that our long stretch is somewhat unique compared to all other historically successful long stretches in that while the averages are similar, they still had pockets and flashes of occasionally reaching high. Texas has only been struggling for a decade and still has a top 10 finish and NY6 bowl win in there. USC was Pac-12 champs and top 10 four years ago, and #5 and Rose Bowl champs the year before that. Florida State won a national championship and got to the playoff in the last decade. Tennessee sucks with no signs of progress, which is sadly the same boat we're in :lol:

We have zero top ten finishes, zero conference championships, zero major bowl appearances let alone wins since 2002. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

What part of "through all kinds of weather" don't you people realize?

If we didn't care dude we wouldn't be posting on this board. Same goes for Iowa trolls, they still care enough to come over here and waste their time posting too.

Not caring means folks just disappear.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

If we didn't care dude we wouldn't be posting on this board. Same goes for Iowa trolls, they still care enough to come over here and waste their time posting too.

Not caring means folks just disappear.

Oh well forgive me but this doesn't seem like a conversation that ever needs to be had. I can't find any reason for why we should end the sellout streak. Nor will I ever entertain any ideas for why we should. However it is the offseason so knock your socks off.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Oh well forgive me but this doesn't seem like a conversation that ever needs to be had. I can't find any reason for why we should end the sellout streak. Nor will I ever entertain any ideas for why we should. However it is the offseason so knock your socks off.

I don't think we should actively end it, just see it for what it is and not freak out if/when it does end someday.

6 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

What should we be talking about during the offseason?