Sellout Streak in 2021

1 hour ago, Toe said:

Tennessee meets those criteria, none since 2001, same as us. There's also schools like Minnesota and Pitt that were major programs, but went through such stretches, and kept on going...

A success story example would be much appreciated about now. :lol:

@JJ Husker Between 1894 and 1940, Nebraska won 18 solo conference championships and shared several more, and had four undefeated seasons (plus a 7-0-1 season). From 1941 and 1962 (22 seasons) the Cornhuskers won zero championships and only finished in the AP top 20 once. You know the rest of the story!

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
5 minutes ago, Toe said:

@JJ Husker Between 1894 and 1940, Nebraska won 18 solo conference championships and shared several more, and had four undefeated seasons (plus a 7-0-1 season). From 1941 and 1962 (22 seasons) the Cornhuskers won zero championships and only finished in the AP top 20 once. You know the rest of the story!

22 seasons. We’re coming down to the wire to avoid exceeding the length of that turnaround.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, teachercd said:

I would imagine that for most of us, what we are seeing right now is the worst we have ever seen Husker football, in terms of wins/losses.

I wonder what it is like for students right now, are they buying student tickets?  Are they going into the stadium? 

You have to go waaaay back to see worse than we are now. 

Students?  They were tapering off prior to SF.  No stats or links.. might be interesting looking that up.  But there is some intrigue in the background now so to speak what with Moos's departure and what could be happening at HC.  Perhaps it'll be more than just curiosity from afar, as in ticket holders watching the games on TV instead of going to the games.  It's been sad seeing so many tickets being waved in the air out there at that intersection by the stadium as we were on our way in.

Just now, hagg said:

Students?  They were tapering off prior to SF.  No stats or links.. might be interesting looking that up.  But there is some intrigue in the background now so to speak what with Moos's departure and what could be happening at HC.  Perhaps it'll be more than just curiosity from afar, as in ticket holders watching the games on TV instead of going to the games.  It's been sad seeing so many handfuls of tickets being waved in the air out there at that intersection by the stadium.

So I was in Lincoln during the amazing run of the 90's and I skipped games, all the time, to party instead.  

Now, with every game on TV and them being pretty bad, I would think the student section is way down.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

So I was in Lincoln during the amazing run of the 90's and I skipped games, all the time, to party instead.  

Now, with every game on TV and them being pretty bad, I would think the student section is way down.  

Yeah.. my kid was in the UNL Marching Band in the early 2000s and tells me that the party activity most certainly did affect non band members in the student section.. some not intentionally though (hangovers, etc).  She once told me that they'd argue about who would try to sell and who would show up.  Being in the band she had to show up, and yes we did worry about that and watched the band on the field carefully.  :lol:

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, hagg said:

Students?  They were tapering off prior to SF.  No stats or links.. might be interesting looking that up.  But there is some intrigue in the background now so to speak what with Moos's departure and what could be happening at HC.  Perhaps it'll be more than just curiosity from afar, as in ticket holders watching the games on TV instead of going to the games.  It's been sad seeing so many tickets being waved in the air out there at that intersection by the stadium as we were on our way in.

That's been happening for decades.

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's been happening for decades.

Of course, but some of us have noticed a large uptick before the games that normally would have had those folks going in.  As in no scalpers and dozens of season ticket holders wandering around that intersection and other areas downtown with their pairs of tickets. 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I went to every game my freshman year. I went to some games my sophomore year, then discovered D&D (Dungeons and Dragons). The group I played with started play time about 10am Saturdays and went to late night, and on occasion the wee hours of Sunday morning (the sun was about to come up and ate breakfast in the dorm cafeteria). So I didn't attend another game for the next six years I was going to UNL (part time last few years, and I'd rather not talk about that). 

• Plus1 1

19 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

I went to every game my freshman year. I went to some games my sophomore year, then discovered D&D (Dungeons and Dragons). The group I played with started play time about 10am Saturdays and went to late night, and on occasion the wee hours of Sunday morning (the sun was about to come up and ate breakfast in the dorm cafeteria). So I didn't attend another game for the next six years I was going to UNL (part time last few years, and I'd rather not talk about that). 

This is something you probably shouldn't have admitted to in a public forum.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 8
2 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

So one more year than Tommy Boy...Dr. Glen.:D

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

So how did you turn it around from playing dungeons and dragons with three virgins for 6 years the entire weekend to getting into college football? Was there an intervention, find out chicks were hot ? 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

So how did you turn it around from playing dungeons and dragons with three virgins for 6 years the entire weekend to getting into college football? Was there an intervention, find out chicks were hot ? 

You must have missed the first part that said I went to all the games my freshman year, so I was already a football fan.

Not all nerds are anti-sport. I even drive a sports car (Corvette, have 2 of them), and neither are filled with Mountain Dew cans (hate that stuff), pizza boxes, or fast-food burger or taco bags. :P   

I could guess you chew tobacky and drink Schlitz beer, with a pick-up bed filled with empties.  :D