Sellout Streak in 2021

11 minutes ago, GamingGlen said:

You must have missed the first part that said I went to all the games my freshman year, so I was already a football fan.

Not all nerds are anti-sport. I even drive a sports car (Corvette, have 2 of them), and neither are filled with Mountain Dew cans (hate that stuff), pizza boxes, or fast-food burger or taco bags. :P   

I could guess you chew tobacky and drink Schlitz beer, with a pick-up bed filled with empties.  :D  

So you have 2 Corvettes? Surely you must be compensating for something.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

Flexing on owning two corvettes is way more egregious than admitting to having a regular game of D&D with good friends.

No hate from me there, it's a great time and outlet to be creative and have fun in a social setting. I thought the ignorant caricature of having to be a fat virgin nerd to like things like that died a long time ago but I guess it never completely goes away with some.

8 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

You must have missed the first part that said I went to all the games my freshman year, so I was already a football fan.

Not all nerds are anti-sport. I even drive a sports car (Corvette, have 2 of them), and neither are filled with Mountain Dew cans (hate that stuff), pizza boxes, or fast-food burger or taco bags. :P   

I could guess you chew tobacky and drink Schlitz beer, with a pick-up bed filled with empties.  :D  

I'm an engineer that is equal parts nerd and sports fan. I love board games, reading, and Sci-Fi, but I also love football, baseball and hockey. Things don't have to be mutually exclusive but certain folks who are insecure with things in their own life tend to lash out. They also like to declare themselves smart, or in the know.  I've learned in life that the ones who declare themselves something are often not, but those are their own demons to deal with eventually.  You do you and who gives a $%!+ what anyone else thinks.

• Plus1 4

The Corvette thing is about observing among nerds, and being a game store owner I see plenty, that I'm the only one in my area that drives anything sporty. Not that there might be others, and there's other vehicles that rival the price tag, but it's just an observation.  Why two? My first Corvette is a '96 Grand Sport (the one in my avatar picture), only 1000 were made which gives it some collectible status, so I ended getting a second one for my daily driver. I'm selling the '96 now so eventually will be down to 1.

I should update my avatar picture since I just bought a 2017 Corvette. I have a passion for Corvettes. :zoom I thought about going the sedate sedan route recently, but after one test drive of such a vehicle I realized I'd never do that. That be like... rooting for Iowa. ;)

I was hoping nerd stigma has gone away somewhat, D&D has become a bit more mainstream, but I guess knuckle draggers :D will always be with us.    

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, GamingGlen said:

I thought about going the sedate sedan route recently, but after one test drive of such a vehicle I realized I'd never do that. 

At least get like an Audi A7 or something! :lol:

7 hours ago, runningblind said:

I'm an engineer that is equal parts nerd and sports fan. I love board games, reading, and Sci-Fi, but I also love football, baseball and hockey. Things don't have to be mutually exclusive but certain folks who are insecure with things in their own life tend to lash out. They also like to declare themselves smart, or in the know.  I've learned in life that the ones who declare themselves something are often not, but those are their own demons to deal with eventually.  You do you and who gives a $%!+ what anyone else thinks.

When you choose to play D&D marathons every Saturday and into Sunday instead of going to or watching Nebraska football games on said Saturday for 6 years- they are very much mutually exclusive. But if that's your thing- by all means carry on.  :dunno

• Plus1 1
On 7/10/2021 at 7:48 AM, Nebraska55fan said:

When you choose to play D&D marathons every Saturday and into Sunday instead of going to or watching Nebraska football games on said Saturday for 6 years- they are very much mutually exclusive. But if that's your thing- by all means carry on.  :dunno

IDK man, after the last 6 years, D&D marathons instead of watching Husker football games seems like not a bad choice. I may have to look into that.

• Oh Yeah! 2
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

IDK man, after the last 6 years, D&D marathons instead of watching Husker football games seems like not a bad choice. I may have to look into that.

If it works for you, go for it. Do yourself a favor though, don't disclose it on your dating profile if your goal is to hook up or even date any hot chicks. 

12 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

If it works for you, go for it. Do yourself a favor though, don't disclose it on your dating profile if your goal is to hook up or even date any hot chicks. 

It won't matter if you make enough money, or if at least you say you do. ;)  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Danimal said:

The only way I want it to end is if we're having yet another losing season and the powers-that-be still need a push to see that change is necessary. 

What change would that be and when in the last 10-15 years have we not made a change because the "powers-that-be" think it doesn't need to be made because people are still buying all the tickets?

• Plus1 2