Sellout Streak in 2021

1 hour ago, internetman said:

ok but then the kid's parents must get on social media and announce ANOTHER LEMONADE SELLOUT.

in reality it doesn't matter but its July and we are tired of talking about conference realignment  

Listing another lemonade sellout would sure bring in more interest the next time.  Other neighbors would think, wow, that must be great lemonade.  I should stop by next time.  Of course it's a great idea to announce it.  When people think something is going to sell out, they are more likely to buy whatever it is earlier.  Marketing 101

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

What is the "truth"?  We all have a perception and a view of what is being propagated.  We all have our own baseline and our view of reality.  

Perhaps my view is dark from your eye.  I just want a sellout streak if people or businesses are buying to go and support the team.  If it's being propped up ... I want it to fall.  That isn't "dark" to me.  That's honesty ... which is more of the traditional character qualities associated with :bigredn: [as I see it].

Let me relate it to a Teacher.  You've taught a kid [your own] from 1st through high school.  They are an A student and earn valedictorian at Millard North..  They go to UNL and as it works out, you get an opportunity to become a Professor. While there, you manipulate grades to keep your kid the "pride and joy" of looking smart.  

Is your kid smart?  

All I'm saying is the sellout streak needs to be legit.  Who wouldn't want that?  If not, what are the consequences to those we are saying we are trying to educate and have character?

So my kid got awesome grades without having to try?

Hell yeah that is smart!  FREE RIDE!  Ha

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

How does ending the sellout streak cause the powers to be to make changes? What are those and what changes weren’t made in the last 10-15 years because we still had the sell out streak?

We have some people around here like @Cdog923 who are really big fans of the whole "The beatings shall continue until morale improves!" style of management. It's just like the people who think that cutting the funding of under-performing schools is the best way to get them to improve.

• Plus1 7
  • Oh Yeah! 1
48 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So my kid got awesome grades without having to try?

Hell yeah that is smart!  FREE RIDE!  Ha

It is great if that is the "success" you want your kid to have. 

The problem with our Husker program is that we believed somewhere in the past 20 years that rather than do all the hard work, we can cut corners and build imaginary scenarios where one looks successful, yet, it's all a farce.

Welcome to the mediocrity created by what is sold as "smart".  We will never win half our games or make it to a bowl with that view.

Anyone who thinks Frost is/would push that kind of crap is delusional.  Scott may fail ... but I do believe he knows you can't prop up the "grades/work" and think you can be a champion.

1 hour ago, Toe said:

We have some people around here like @Cdog923 who are really big fans of the whole "The beatings shall continue until morale improves!" style of management. It's just like the people who think that cutting the funding of under-performing schools is the best way to get them to improve.

Excuse you? 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Toe said:

@Cdog923 You're excused.

If you want to continue whatever this discussion is, my PMs are open, and the 'Shed is right there; I'll be your Huckleberry. But if you want to continue misconstruing what I've said in this thread to make whatever sorts of nonsensical points you think you're making, go on right ahead. 

• Plus1 1

@In the Deed the Glory I mean, does anybody care about the Nebraska football team outside of its fan base?  By your logic, we should let that die too?

Seriously, the arguments in this thread in favor of killing the sellout streak are some of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. :facepalm:

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
27 minutes ago, Toe said:

@In the Deed the Glory I mean, does anybody care about the Nebraska football team outside of its fan base?  By your logic, we should let that die too?

Seriously, the arguments in this thread in favor of killing the sellout streak are some of the dumbest things I've ever read on this board. :facepalm:

Lol. You’re right. We should keep begging people to buy tickets to prop up a made up thing that isn’t indicative of where we are as a program. THAT is dumb. 

• Oh Yeah! 1

@In the Deed the Glory I get it, you're frustrated with the performance of the football team. And so, like a 2-year-old when it's tantrum time, you want to lash out at something. And the sellout streak is what you've chosen to throw your tantrum at.

But the problem is, ENDING THE SELLOUT STREAK ISN'T GOING TO DO A GODDAMN THING TO IMPROVE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE FOOTBALL TEAM. The little tantrums of 'fans' like you and @Cdog923 over this are about as helpful as those of a 2-year-old.

I seriously can't believe I have to explain this s#!t... :facepalm:

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1