Sellout Streak in 2021

4 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

It is a hell of a record to hold, and you should all be proud of it, but it is over. Who knows, maybe this is the year that the Hawkeye winning streak against the Huskers will end also. I'd say that this is the best shot in allot of years. 

Dude, the last three wins were by a total of 12 points.  You can stop pretending you’ve had such a dominating program. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, CyHawk said:

It is a hell of a record to hold, and you should all be proud of it, but it is over. Who knows, maybe this is the year that the Hawkeye winning streak against the Huskers will end also. I'd say that this is the best shot in allot of years. 

They’ve played them to one score, final possession games the previous 3 years. The best shot is against a currently #3 ranked team? Dang, that is some mental gymnastics to throw shade

• Plus1 1

I get the troll hate but they have won 6 in a row, doesn't matter by single scores or not.  The organic/fan sell out streak is also manufactured at this point, it's a business/booster sell out streak now. Still cool but also kind of forced.

Responding to him just means he's in your heads, which is what he wants.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 2
2 hours ago, CyHawk said:

So, it is a bit like making out with your cousin. Technically it is a piece of azz, but she still is your cousin.

when donors have to buy excess tickets, yes it is a sellout, but is there really pride in that? You had a great, great run, but time to accept the end of the sellout streak.

You are right in one point, your team has been horrible. So have your great fans by booing the coaching staff, the team, and at times individual team members. Pretty stellar indeed. 

If it’s so easy why haven’t any other teams come close? Sellout=tickets sold. Doesn’t matter who buys them or why.  Every. Game. Since. 1962. So what if donors and corporate sponsor have had to step up a few times recently. I know its a tough concept for an Iowegian to wrap their head around. Is there pride in CySquawk land over not having sellouts and not having donors willing to buy your tickets? I can’t imagine how tough it must be to sell tickets to games in Ames or Iowa City so this may not be a fair question.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2

14 hours ago, CyHawk said:

So, it is a bit like making out with your cousin. Technically it is a piece of azz, but she still is your cousin.

when donors have to buy excess tickets, yes it is a sellout, but is there really pride in that? You had a great, great run, but time to accept the end of the sellout streak.

You are right in one point, your team has been horrible. So have your great fans by booing the coaching staff, the team, and at times individual team members. Pretty stellar indeed. 

Having lived in Des Moines and worked the entire state- run across guys like you a time or two. Real shame you dirty the reputation of the rest of your great state.  So Jealous about NU and insecure about the "success" Iowa has had. I've found successful people are never jealous or covetous of the success of others. The jealous and covetous types are usually low information hillbilly types- with very little going for themselves. 

FYI we have an extremely loyal and devoted fan base even when the team is down. Have not heard any boos during the Frost era- against players or the coaching staff. We have the privledge of having been raised on exceptional and well played football and are considered by most unbiased experts as being the best fans in college football. So we have fairly high but reasonably achievable expectations. We have no intentions of going away or from aspiring to be great again. I'm proud of you for not making meth or begging for money at the Intersection of First and Main anymore- So if you could go to the fast food joint you work at and make me and my peers some fries, it would be appreciated. Oh- and your AMC Gremlin- very cool- but how do you still get parts? Just curious, love the color though. 

5824bc308e3a1ec997cf9e7cd1f732e7.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

I get the troll hate but they have won 6 in a row, doesn't matter by single scores or not.  The organic/fan sell out streak is also manufactured at this point, it's a business/booster sell out streak now. Still cool but also kind of forced.

The thing is.. Every team has boosters. So if it were that then a lot of teams would do it. The boosters don't buy but a fraction of tickets when they do, and attendance numbers still stay high which means boosters are buying them to give away as a perk to whatever company they are running. Long story short, pointing to an occasional booster block buy to undermine the entire thing is stupider than the streak itself. 

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

Pretty much this. 

3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Having lived in Des Moines and worked the entire state- run across guys like you a time or two. Real shame you dirty the reputation of the rest of your great state.  So Jealous about NU and insecure about the "success" Iowa has had. I've found successful people are never jealous or covetous of the success of others. The jealous and covetous types are usually low information hillbilly types- with very little going for themselves. 

FYI we have an extremely loyal and devoted fan base even when the team is down. Have not heard any boos during the Frost era- against players or the coaching staff. We have the privledge of having been raised on exceptional and well played football and are considered by most unbiased experts as being the best fans in college football. So we have fairly high but reasonably achievable expectations. We have no intentions of going away or from aspiring to be great again. I'm proud of you for not making meth or begging for money at the Intersection of First and Main anymore- So if you could go to the fast food joint you work at and make me and my peers some fries, it would be appreciated. Oh- and your AMC Gremlin- very cool- but how do you still get parts? Just curious, love the color though. 

nvf2yB-pIilJg8oji5WPWAPfIQy92IIn7fKtCQO_

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, runningblind said:

That’s fair, I could opt to not pay the troll toll, not exactly flaming out and neither falling for it over here, but  @Husker03 gets it.

The only people who opine about it being fake are haters or those who say they don’t care, but really they do - otherwise they wouldn’t bother. 

Maybe we've gamed the system to maintain the sell-out streak, but when you turn the Nebraska game on national TV, you see a stadium with wall-to-wall fans in red.  Maybe boosters are giving the tickets away, but all I see is asses in seats and people who want to be there. There's no recruit in America who wouldn't have a ball-tingling response to the Thunderstruck spectacle at a packed Memorial Stadium. This is still the thing Nebraska does best. 

I would have bet against the sell-out streak after the Illinois loss. But just the tiniest resurgence and Memorial Stadium is the place to be this Saturday. Let's keep it up. 

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 2
23 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Maybe we've gamed the system to maintain the sell-out streak, but when you turn the Nebraska game on national TV, you see a stadium with wall-to-wall fans in red. 

Unless it is the 4th quarter and you are being beat like a drum! The world greatest fans get out as fast as they can. We have all seen it.

I will repeat. The whole sellout record is a really cool thing, especially for all of the support through all of these crappy years, continuing through today. It is really something to be proud of. My only point is that "cooking the books" to continue the streak will just continue to water it down. The boosters are not buying up tickets just to be nice to kids, they just buy them at a discount to make certain that they are sold.

I do like all the red lights instead of the players having mustache contests..................................................... 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:25 AM, Nebraska55fan said:

227630215_10227065185919717_70949245510837183_n.jpg.daf6cec13537971b9c86fa73e66e2e5d.jpg.87f1b1e7d97a47949cb00a0e61f95d66.jpg

Dukes of Des Moans

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3