Nebraska Lands Arizona State Transfer Alonzo Verge

3 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

This is pretty crazy

This reminds me of a high school game of mine. We were playing Cedar Rapids in a holiday tournament, and ended up winning 51-50 on a buzzer beater rebound tip in. My best friend who hit the game winning shot had 25 points, our captain/point guard had 24 points, and I had 2 :D that was our total scoring output hahaha.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

With Banton leaving, we have a scholarship open anyway, right?

Yes, we would have a scholarship available, but if he doesn't count there would still be one.  I doubt it would be used unless someone who was an all American called Hoiberg and said "I want to play for you."  They already have 18 players on the team including four walk-ons.

On 7/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, Cdog923 said:

So, less of a replacement for Banton, more a replacement for Allen? 

They talk about him on the Pick 6 podcast and he has a similar game to Trey, maybe a better pure scorer, though. They both can slash, get to the basket, and score. Better at keeping the ball moving than Allen because Allen sometimes took a hot second to get to his spot.

• Fire 1
4 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

That play was amazing! He made a move right away to get past his man and find Walker for the easy lay in. 

My only concern with him is I saw shades of Teddy in his highlights. There are times he dribbles for 10 or more seconds before making a move to the rim or shooting. I have to believe with him being a late add they aren't going to let this fly. Last year, Teddy got away with ball hogging cause we needed him out there to score. This year I believe if you are a ball stopper you will have someone good enough to replace you. 

Not to take away from that amazing play though. I really hope he meshes well with the team because he can be a double figure scorer for us. 

He turned down a two-way contract with the Charlotte Hornets before he decided to withdraw from the draft. He bet on himself that he can improve and hopefully get drafted next year! 

For those wondering what two-way contracts are I have a link. I was familiar with them, but didn't realize they were for players with under four years of experience in the league. 

https://gleague.nba.com/nba-g-league-101-two-way-contracts/

• Thanks 2
  • 1 month later...