What Games Do the Huskers Win in 2021?

Predicting the Huskers' Record  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Very early on in Nebraskas venture into the BIG- we were playing Michigan State. A 75 year old or so lady was walking by our tailgate with her family and seemed to be eyeing our food- so we invited her and her family in. 

She commented how friendly NU fans had been and said she had been to all the away venues. I asked her what they were like. She was pretty cool with all of them EXCEPT Michigan. She gnarled her face and spit out some venemous trash about the "skunks" and went on and on about the "Michigan Man" thing. I didnt think much of it, until I found out later they were all that and then some. 

I went to a game at Michigan, fans were totally fine but it was boring as could be.  I would never go back.

Purdue and Illinois are a blast.  Minny is lame.

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I went to a game at Michigan, fans were totally fine but it was boring as could be.  I would never go back.

I saw a game at the Big House and I'll take take boring over say Wisconsin any day of the week.  Ad nauseum first down chants=I wanted to leave by the 3rd quarter.

• Plus1 1

Ann Arbor is interesting spot- easy to get to Detroit from here and then a short drive to Ann Arbor . Detroit and Ann Arbor couldn't be more different. 

Stadium is sunken- and very flat. Not very loud. The old MSU lady had obviously experienced the "Michigan Man" thing as Nebraska has- nothing bold- and face to face, that would be too pedestrian and not cowardly. 

Schembeckler Hall and the facilities are top notch and lots of places to eat farm to table, brie,  organic xyz, $9 beers- blah blah blah Give me the some pizza from the Airliner in Iowa City and some mouthy Iowa fans over that any day. 

47 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I've always hated going to Purdue games.  My dad used to get free tickets from player when I was in HS back when Drew Brees was slingin it so we went to a lot of games.  I think about five years ago when Nebraska played there we had extra tickets and invited Jared Tomich to come to the game and he did.  That was kinda cool.

3 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I've always hated going to Purdue games.  My dad used to get free tickets from player when I was in HS back when Drew Brees was slingin it so we went to a lot of games.  I think about five years ago when Nebraska played there we had extra tickets and invited Jared Tomich to come to the game and he did.  That was kinda cool.

Oh man, the Breakfast Club tradition that they do of hitting up the bars at like 5am is a blast!

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh man, the Breakfast Club tradition that they do of hitting up the bars at like 5am is a blast!

this is true I took part in one in college.  We would tailgate on their golf course and that was fun.  I just don't like their stadium or their fans or their lying a$$ drum.

I feel confident about Fordham (assuming that's real thing?), Buffalo, and Purdue.  Maybe we get the better of Northwestern since it's at home.   I think we'll get Michigan State too.  They never seem to worry me, even when they were decent.

60+ people thinking we won't get steamrolled by Illinois again is heartwarming. :lol:

5-7.  I'll be pleasantly surprised by anything better than that and not remotely surprised by anything worse.

• 2 weeks later...

On 7/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, The Dude said:

I feel confident about Fordham (assuming that's real thing?), Buffalo, and Purdue.  Maybe we get the better of Northwestern since it's at home.   I think we'll get Michigan State too.  They never seem to worry me, even when they were decent.

60+ people thinking we won't get steamrolled by Illinois again is heartwarming. :lol:

5-7.  I'll be pleasantly surprised by anything better than that and not remotely surprised by anything worse.

I most related to this.  I'm perhaps less convinced that Buffalo is a W.  It will be a 4th quarter game to me.  It's a very humbling thing to be playing Fordham to me and allows my mind to adjust to the reality of what is necessary to get a W.

The only B1G game I feel confident we can win is Michigan St.  I'll be watching the B1G record this year and the effort start to finish against the Sooners and OSU.  If the mentality issue is fixed it will be observed there.

I would like to go on record however as 3-9 or 4-8.  I do see 5-7 as a possibility.

Difficult to make an accurate prediction when so many players are coming through the portal and the abbreviated season we had last year. 

I don't think you can count anyone out with the exception of Fordham. MSU should be a win but Tucker kind of has Frosts number and they got a ton of guys in the Portal. Breaks havent bounced our way and of course most of the damage was self inflicted. Could be anywhere from 7-5 to 3-9, I'm hoping for the former. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I most related to this.  I'm perhaps less convinced that Buffalo is a W.  It will be a 4th quarter game to me.  It's a very humbling thing to be playing Fordham to me and allows my mind to adjust to the reality of what is necessary to get a W.

The only B1G game I feel confident we can win is Michigan St.  I'll be watching the B1G record this year and the effort start to finish against the Sooners and OSU.  If the mentality issue is fixed it will be observed there.

I would like to go on record however as 3-9 or 4-8.  I do see 5-7 as a possibility.

I'm as pessimistic as a Nebraska fans gets but they'll beat buffalo by at least 2 scores. They lost their coach and all their good players followed him to Kansas. If leipold and a bunch of All-MAC players were still there it would be close but they all left. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, LumberJackSker said:

I'm as pessimistic as a Nebraska fans gets but they'll beat buffalo by at least 2 scores. They lost their coach and all their good players followed him to Kansas. If leipold and a bunch of All-MAC players were still there it would be close but they all left. 

Agreed ... but it is this view that I think mentally creates a laps that leads to an upset. 

Do you think Fordham is a 35+ point blowout ... or a game in the second half?