What Games Do the Huskers Win in 2021?

Predicting the Huskers' Record  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Isn’t Fordham the same level as that one team who came here in ‘18? I expect there to be a single large quarter and then just putzing around the rest of the game. 

I think you mean Bethune-Cookman. Probably the same level. 

12 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I most related to this.  I'm perhaps less convinced that Buffalo is a W.  It will be a 4th quarter game to me.  It's a very humbling thing to be playing Fordham to me and allows my mind to adjust to the reality of what is necessary to get a W.

The only B1G game I feel confident we can win is Michigan St.  I'll be watching the B1G record this year and the effort start to finish against the Sooners and OSU.  If the mentality issue is fixed it will be observed there.

I would like to go on record however as 3-9 or 4-8.  I do see 5-7 as a possibility.

Why is it humbling to be okaying Fordham?  You act like we have never played a team like Pacific before. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why is it humbling to be okaying Fordham?  You act like we have never played a team like Pacific before. 

Pacific was a "low" as well.  Fordham, in my mind, in this season, is connected to trying to get out of playing OU and the ops of the need to get a "W" to save the season and get to a bowl.  For me, it's like shaving a marathon down to a 20 miler by missing a clock station and then claiming and taking the podium in your age bracket or qualifying for the Boston Marathon off of it.  Who would want to cancel any game with Oklahoma, let alone, one that is connected to the Game of the Century ... we would [someone, somewhere in our leadership had enough support to get those conversations made].

It's all just new lows for me ... humbling, very humbling.  

49 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Fordham, in my mind, in this season, is connected to trying to get out of playing OU and the ops of the need to get a "W" to save the season and get to a bowl. 

Fine imo. From where the program stands right now, I don't think you take any chances.  Critical to get some game experience where you can, critical to get bowl practices where  you can, critical to get revenue back into Lincoln. Pride is no reason to not take opportunities when they present themselves imo.  We've spent the last 20 years swallowing ours, I can't believe there would be much left that could get in the way of trying to move forward.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

Fine imo. From where the program stands right now, I don't think you take any chances.  Critical to get some game experience where you can, critical to get bowl practices where  you can, critical to get revenue back into Lincoln. Pride is no reason to not take opportunities when they present themselves imo.  We've spent the last 20 years swallowing ours, I can't believe there would be much left that could get in the way of trying to move forward.

Great.  Note to yourself what you are saying.  Most won't be honest as you have.  Thanks for being honest.  It's refreshing.

Without Fordham, 3 of the first 4 games would've been on the road. The Fordham game provides a chance to stack up some early W's and get recruits here in a great time of year.

If it helps us get bowl eligible, so be it. I'll take it at this point. 2015 Iowa played Illinois State, and 2019 Minnesota played South Dakota State, and all I hear about is how big and bad Iowa and Minnesota are. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Iowa has played all of these teams in the last 5 years- several multiple times

Miami of Ohio

Middle Tennessee State

Northern Illinois

Northern Iowa

North Texas

Illinois State

Fordham was added so we could have a dang home game in the front part of our schedule and gain a bye week late. It was brilliant move. 

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Pacific was a "low" as well.  Fordham, in my mind, in this season, is connected to trying to get out of playing OU and the ops of the need to get a "W" to save the season and get to a bowl.  For me, it's like shaving a marathon down to a 20 miler by missing a clock station and then claiming and taking the podium in your age bracket or qualifying for the Boston Marathon off of it.  Who would want to cancel any game with Oklahoma, let alone, one that is connected to the Game of the Century ... we would [someone, somewhere in our leadership had enough support to get those conversations made].

It's all just new lows for me ... humbling, very humbling.  

They added Fordham even though they didn’t cancel OU. Programs even a lot better than Nebraska is right now schedule games like this. 

Alabama has Mercer and New Mexico State. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

They added Fordham even though they didn’t cancel OU. Programs even a lot better than Nebraska is right now schedule games like this. 

Alabama has Mercer and New Mexico State. 

Exactly.  Wouldn't it have been great if they just would have added Fordham, without try to cancel the OU game.  Who does that?  Who wants that or stands behind that?  Are you?

Does Alabama cancel Auburn in a down year?  Would they cancel for a celebration of an amazing "Game of the Century"?

So, for me, you can't say its the same thing as Bama adding a game against Mercer. The optics of it all were a terrible PR nightmare. Additionally, was/is Alabama really trying to just add a "W"?

Although I enjoyed the post the comparison is a bit off for me.

In looking at the schedule, I have constructed about every kind of record in my head from 8-4 all the way down to just two or three wins. It's hard not to do that because we are so inconsistent and we have so many question marks on the skill positions on offense, up to and including the QB. If Illinois beats us in the opener, it could get really, really bad. That first game could not be more critical as a tone-setter. We lose that one and we are going to be 2-2 or 1-3 after Oklahoma. If we lose to Ill., I would not be confident, even in a win over Buffalo.

Look, I don't know what a Fordham is but it sounds like a fancy British holiday dish.

I forgot Illinois had replaced Lovie, who coached circles around Frost.  So maybe we have an outside shot making that one competitive afterall.   Week 1 is huge if we wanna make a bowl game.  Which is actually a big "if" with this team.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Look, I don't know what a Fordham is but it sounds like a fancy British holiday dish.

I forgot Illinois had replaced Lovie, who coached circles around Frost.  So maybe we have an outside shot making that one competitive afterall.   Week 1 is huge if we wanna make a bowl game.  Which is actually a big "if" with this team.

It's a must, with Au Jus

tumblr_ng8naeoA8c1rs48o3o7_250.gifv