What Games Do the Huskers Win in 2021?

Predicting the Huskers' Record  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly.  Wouldn't it have been great if they just would have added Fordham, without try to cancel the OU game.  Who does that?  Who wants that or stands behind that?  Are you?

Does Alabama cancel Auburn in a down year?  Would they cancel for a celebration of an amazing "Game of the Century"?

So, for me, you can't say its the same thing as Bama adding a game against Mercer. The optics of it all were a terrible PR nightmare. Additionally, was/is Alabama really trying to just add a "W"?

Although I enjoyed the post the comparison is a bit off for me.

You are confusing. 

uou started off by being upset we are playing Fordham. Then, somehow it’s morphed into that you’re fine with Fordham but upset they thought about cancelling OU. 

Thry aren’t tied together. They did one and not the other. 

I predict we'll win against:

-Illinois

-Fordham

-Buffalo

-Michigan State

-Minnesota

-Purdue

Hard to decide which is the bigger toss-up: Iowa or Northwestern. If we just win 1/2 with those and get those 6 above, we finally snap the losing season stretch and post a winning season. Not going to be easy no matter what anybody says.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Look, I don't know what a Fordham is but it sounds like a fancy British holiday dish.

I forgot Illinois had replaced Lovie, who coached circles around Frost.  So maybe we have an outside shot making that one competitive afterall.   Week 1 is huge if we wanna make a bowl game.  Which is actually a big "if" with this team.

Dude you are so negative. Lighten up a bit, I’m tired of reading it. 

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1

24 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

You need to go to your happy place... life is a lot more fun with a bit of optimism.

Happy Gilmore Beer GIF

I think I just fundamentally disagree. It's perfectly healthy accepting a situation for what it is.   I can understand how someone who thinks Nebraska will go 8-4 this year might think I'm being negative, but no clear-thinking person would.

There's a great Carl Sagan quote that went something like, "it's far better to accept the world as it is than to persist in delusion, no matter how comforting".

:cheers

• Plus1 1
42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think I just fundamentally disagree. It's perfectly healthy accepting a situation for what it is.   I can understand how someone who thinks Nebraska will go 8-4 this year might think I'm being negative, but no clear-thinking person would.

There's a great Carl Sagan quote that went something like, "it's far better to accept the world as it is than to persist in delusion, no matter how comforting".

Trying to claim that someone "coached circles around Frost" when Frost's offense routinely put up over 600 yards against them is not "accepting the situation for what it is."

• Plus1 6
  • Oh Yeah! 3

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Trying to claim that someone "coached circles around Frost" when Frost's offense routinely put up over 600 yards against them is not "accepting the situation for what it is."

This is all total offseason fodder stuff.   :)

The 2019 game in their house was pretty bad. We had to overcome a ton of mistakes we made, big runs we gave up on defense, and then Frost had some of his absolute worst play calling inside the 10 yard line in that game. We had to settle for a field goal late in the game instead of punching it into the end zone which put sealing the game onto our defense. We put up 674 yards on them but should have had way more points to show for it (kind of Frost's trademark in his short career here so far, mainly due to dumb mistakes, penalties & terrible special teams, etc.).

Then the 2020 game last year against them was a comedy of errors, punctuated by McCaffrey getting his chance to prove the Martinez detractors correct...and then blowing it for four straight quarters with embarrassing style.

But...Frost did in fact go 2-1 against Lovie. So I'd probably disagree with The Dude's claim that he coached circles around Scott but two of these three games (one of which was a win) were pretty damn ugly.     :tv

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You are confusing. 

uou started off by being upset we are playing Fordham. Then, somehow it’s morphed into that you’re fine with Fordham but upset they thought about cancelling OU. 

Thry aren’t tied together. They did one and not the other. 

No confusion here or in what I said.  Yes, who wants to play Fordham?   Who would want that?  You aren't advocating for that.  

It was a PR issue gone bad to try to not play Oklahoma.  As I now understand it, that was the truth of it.  Then they said it was because we wanted a home game and needed the revenue.  Hey that's great!  Then the game scheduled was not even a game ... which leads to another PR issue gone bad.  

For me, I believe they were trying to get out of playing Oklahoma.
Then, I believe they were looking for an easy "W".

Then, I believe they sold it as a revenue booster.

I could be wrong.  Ya, for me, it's all tied together as it's the same sort of "spirit" behind it that is looking for a way to look good and improve in ways that ought to show up on the field with what is put in front of you and not manufactured.

I think it's "confusing" to you because you just don't agree with my view ... and that's okay.  And by the way, I'm not upset ... I'm just observing what I perceive to be reality and chuckling at the things we humans do to perpetuate what we all hope and long for but can't earn on the field.  

2 hours ago, Undone said:

This is all total offseason fodder stuff.   :)

The 2019 game in their house was pretty bad. We had to overcome a ton of mistakes we made, big runs we gave up on defense, and then Frost had some of his absolute worst play calling inside the 10 yard line in that game. We had to settle for a field goal late in the game instead of punching it into the end zone which put sealing the game onto our defense. We put up 674 yards on them but should have had way more points to show for it (kind of Frost's trademark in his short career here so far, mainly due to dumb mistakes, penalties & terrible special teams, etc.).

Then the 2020 game last year against them was a comedy of errors, punctuated by McCaffrey getting his chance to prove the Martinez detractors correct...and then blowing it for four straight quarters with embarrassing style.

But...Frost did in fact go 2-1 against Lovie. So I'd probably disagree with The Dude's claim that he coached circles around Scott but two of these three games (one of which was a win) were pretty damn ugly.     :tv

Yes, if you ignore the good things that happen and focus on the bad thing that happen, things tend to look worse than they really are.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, The Dude said:

1) There are plenty of "clear-thinking" reasons to see 8-4 as a possibility if you aren't a total crank who only wants to focus on the downsides of the team

2) Sports are supposed to be for fun. If you're quoting Carl Sagan at people to police their realism about a leisure activity, you might be doing this for the wrong reasons.

• Haha 2