What Games Do the Huskers Win in 2021?

Predicting the Huskers' Record  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

"Here are 21 contextless negative facts, which surely means we'll have a bad upcoming season"

My favorite line from that link was "Iowa has had its way with Nebraska over the past three seasons. But the three wins have been by a total of just 12 points." Like... what? They've had their way with us in 3 down to the wire losses?

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

No confusion here or in what I said.  Yes, who wants to play Fordham?   Who would want that?  You aren't advocating for that.  

It was a PR issue gone bad to try to not play Oklahoma.  As I now understand it, that was the truth of it.  Then they said it was because we wanted a home game and needed the revenue.  Hey that's great!  Then the game scheduled was not even a game ... which leads to another PR issue gone bad.  

For me, I believe they were trying to get out of playing Oklahoma.
Then, I believe they were looking for an easy "W".

Then, I believe they sold it as a revenue booster.

I could be wrong.  Ya, for me, it's all tied together as it's the same sort of "spirit" behind it that is looking for a way to look good and improve in ways that ought to show up on the field with what is put in front of you and not manufactured.

I think it's "confusing" to you because you just don't agree with my view ... and that's okay.  And by the way, I'm not upset ... I'm just observing what I perceive to be reality and chuckling at the things we humans do to perpetuate what we all hope and long for but can't earn on the field.  

Maybe it would help if you viewed the Fordham game in the proper context (how that game actually came to be). Fordham replaced the later season SELA game to give us an earlier season home game, you know, for recruiting and working out some kinks against a clearly inferior opponent. The exact type of game every program schedules. The Oklahoma game did not get canceled and it never got beyond the misguided idea of that possibly happening.  

If people are going to go off about things that didn’t actually happen, well, I guess we’ll continue to have discussions like this. Try to keep it real.

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Way to early. Only 9 inputs so far .....

https://masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm

Median rankings ...... (composite)

B1G

Ohio State -- #2
Iowa -- #12
Wisconsin -- #14
Penn State -- #16 (not schedule)
Hoosiers -- #20 (not schedule)
Northwestern -- #26
Michigan -- #39
Gophers -- #40
Huskers -- #59
Purdue -- #72
Michigan State -- #73
Maryland -- #80 (not schedule)
Rutgers -- #92 (not schedule)
Illinois -- #96

Non conference
BuffaloU -- #47 ...... Huskers underdog image.gif.c7624d8e715b20da52efe2e4789434ce.gif
OU -- #4
On paper, 4 wins, 8 losses :hmmph

• Plus1 2

23 hours ago, The Dude said:

There's enough people trying to polish a turd.  A little straightforward realism won't hurt you.

The humorous part is what happens when we lose games ... and you notice who is so negative.   It isn't the folks who have a "straightforward realism".  It's the folks who have their "polished turd".  That's the part that cracks me up.  

So, I get a good chuckle how those who say one is being negative will be the bigger "turner" on the season and the program [at least until the next season and they drink their :bigredn: kool-aid all over again.  

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, Fru said:

My favorite line from that link was "Iowa has had its way with Nebraska over the past three seasons. But the three wins have been by a total of just 12 points." Like... what? They've had their way with us in 3 down to the wire losses?

Don't underestimate our loss of Duncan!  Makes me nervous when we have a new kicker given how much we tend to suck at actually scoring touchdowns.

7 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

How much does it frustrate you with the way your offense is handled?

I actually think that having Brian has started to make it better as he isn't scared to get in dad's face at family dinner.  Kirk still pushes things a little too conservative sometimes though which is very frustrating.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, hunter49 said:

AM needs to protect the ball or we are screwed. 

A much bigger problem in my opinion though is the way we shank punts 12 yards, let teams return kickoffs out to their 40, and don't know how to take a touchback on returns and get downed on our own 17. Our special teams play is seriously garbage and you'd think this would be one of the easier things to get fixed.

1 hour ago, Caven said:

Don't underestimate our loss of Duncan!  Makes me nervous when we have a new kicker given how much we tend to suck at actually scoring touchdowns.

Losing a reliable kicker is huge. Neb had a string of great kickers for about a decade and was without one in 2019. Can definitely have a ripple effect on an offense. 

7 minutes ago, Undone said:

A much bigger problem in my opinion though is the way we shank punts 12 yards, let teams return kickoffs out to their 40, and don't know how to take a touchback on returns and get downed on our own 17. Our special teams play is seriously garbage and you'd think this would be one of the easier things to get fixed.

this upsets me more than anything.  I can understand having a kicker who can't make field goals (i'm a bears fan).  But not being able to cover kickoffs or punts worth a damn is frustrating.  also not really having a punt return game worth anything.

I'm starting to feel optimistic about this season.

I also think Scott Frost has been out-coached too often in his first three years. This is based not on negative nellyism, but on opposing coaches making better in-game adjustments than Frost, and some team-wide yips that also go to coaching. 

I think everyone needs to step up, and there's nothing wrong with saying Scott Frost is among them. 

A taste of winning, including a thrilling upset, and I think they find solid ground. This is a team that could lose to Illinois and beat Oklahoma on its way to a 7-5 season, and that's where I'm at at the moment. 

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1