What Games Do the Huskers Win in 2021?

Predicting the Huskers' Record  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, runningblind said:

No one brought this point up in the QB development topic. 

I think the coaches tried to use a Jedi-mind trick (and failed) to use the lure of giving Luke the opportunity to play QB, and then move to a different position when the QB experiment failed. I think the coaches underestimated Luke’s (and maybe his dad’s) stubbornness on playing QB. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think the coaches tried to use a Jedi-mind trick (and failed) to use the lure of giving Luke the opportunity to play QB, and then move to a different position when the QB experiment failed. I think the coaches underestimated Luke’s (and maybe his dad’s) stubbornness on playing QB. 

Yep!

It sounds "mean" but you tell the kid what he wants to hear to get him on campus, then you give him a shot at what he wants to do, then if it works that is great.  If it doesn't you try to get him to think about changing positions.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yep!

It sounds "mean" but you tell the kid what he wants to hear to get him on campus, then you give him a shot at what he wants to do, then if it works that is great.  If it doesn't you try to get him to think about changing positions.  

I’m sure it’s a pain in the a$$ to get kids to switch positions even at the high school level. Little Timmy’s mom and dad have been paying thousands of dollars for QB training for the past 5 years, so Timmy would rather transfer high schools to play QB instead of becoming a WR, TE, or safety. 

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I’m sure it’s a pain in the a$$ to get kids to switch positions even at the high school level. Little Timmy’s mom and dad have been paying thousands of dollars for QB training for the past 5 years, so Timmy would rather transfer high schools to play QB instead of becoming a WR, TE, or safety. 

Ha!

Amen!

• Oh Yeah! 1
24 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Plus, Luke wasn’t being forced to switch positions in high school. His dad was his head coach. #daddyball 

And when your HS team is far and away better than most of the teams you play it is really easy to look like a really good passing QB

Probably never under pressure

WR's much better than the DB's

Good RB's

QB that can run which pisses off DC's and makes them less likely to bring heat.

I don't know a ton about the schools out there but my guess is that in 7 out of their 9 regular season games, they were the better team by a wide margin. 

• Plus1 1

On 8/7/2021 at 4:57 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

You have no idea. Broaching the subject will get you labeled the anti christ- Timmy hater and persecutor who somehow has it in for Timmy and youre pro- his replacement. You just have it in for him for no good reason- and excuses pile up.  Now you are the replacements  "hidden uncle" or other such nonsense- even after its proven little Timmy shouldn't be playing QB in the first place and it was a travesty giving him reps there ever. It gets ugly. All were trying to do is win baby- and all the money and political power in the land - doesnt mean jack once that whistle blows. Then they convince some crappy small school to take Jr as parents wave some bogus cash donation under the recruiters nose. The kid plays one season- never sees the field and finally realizes everyone was right- mom and dad were wrong- games over. Parents are so delusional- even when great film tells a much different story than what they want. 

On 8/7/2021 at 7:21 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Conversations with some fans were frustrating before this game. 

Yes a 1 TD 6 INT QB is NOT the answer. 

At the end of the Day Martinez is by far the best option. he always has been. 

That is sad commentary for the QB choosing and development skills of our staff. It has been one mistake after another. We have a carbon copy of Luke as our backup now- Smothers. Our third teamer is absolutely a project and do we really have any data that suggests our QBs get better under this staff> We do not. 

No its NOT the main reason NU is losing games- that goes to the big three- turnovers, poor discipline,  poor red zone scoring, culture. The "no fear of failure" mantra which was an extension of Osbornes philosophy of positive reinforcement and not heavy on negative words or punishment has been taken to the extreme. The untimely penalties, backyard football, turnovers and carelessness in special teams is a result of this lack of accountability. 

On 8/7/2021 at 4:46 PM, ColoradoHusk said:

Eh I don't really buy this. We pulled Adrian lots of times when he was playing fine or well to give Luke drives in close games. He got a drive in the second half of the Iowa game! I think our coaches genuinely thought he was even or close to Adrian.

• Plus1 1