What Games Do the Huskers Win in 2021?

Predicting the Huskers' Record  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Eh I don't really buy this. We pulled Adrian lots of times when he was playing fine or well to give Luke drives in close games. He got a drive in the second half of the Iowa game! I think our coaches genuinely thought he was even or close to Adrian.

IIRC, coaches said they were happy with both and called them 1A and 1B.  

Smothers will be fine as a primary backup this season. It would be insane to write him off before he plays in a game.  QBs learn with game experience which helps them to progress over time.

• Plus1 1

I’m calling it now; Nebraska finally wins a game it shouldn’t win this season. And for the record I think there are only 3 games that fall into the shouldn’t win category. Oklahoma, Ohio State and Wisconsin. 

Eh, if I’m wrong, nothing lost I guess. But if I’m right :koolaid2:

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 4

According to the HuskerBoard vote:

8-4 was the most popular with 25.3% of the vote.  7-5 got 20.7%.  9-3 was actually in third with 13.8%.

Locks for a Huskers win (>94%): Fordham, Buffalo and Purdue

Very likely wins (>75%): Illinois, Michigan State, Northwestern

Huskers favored (>50%): Iowa and Minnesota

Likely loss (<35%): Michigan and Wisconsin

No chance (<6%): Oklahoma and Ohio State

So there is a strong expectation of six wins and four losses with two games that are basically toss-ups but with a Husker lean.

We shall see...

• Plus1 2

On 8/17/2021 at 7:51 PM, JJ Husker said:

I’m calling it now; Nebraska finally wins a game it shouldn’t win this season. And for the record I think there are only 3 games that fall into the shouldn’t win category. Oklahoma, Ohio State and Wisconsin. 

Eh, if I’m wrong, nothing lost I guess. But if I’m right :koolaid2:

I would like to officially retract this prediction.  No excuse, temporary insanity. I will modify it to we might win 1 of Fordham or Buffalo.

• Plus1 1

Tom Shatel wrote an article this week about how 1 game can't make or break a season and he couldn't be more wrong. We had to win this game for any shot at a bowl and we couldn't do it. It's over already, in August. The team I just watched is not winning a single game past September and I'll be surprised if Illinois even ends up 3-6 in conference.

• Plus1 2
43 minutes ago, runningblind said:

Tom Shatel wrote an article this week about how 1 game can't make or break a season and he couldn't be more wrong. We had to win this game for any shot at a bowl and we couldn't do it. It's over already, in August. The team I just watched is not winning a single game past September and I'll be surprised if Illinois even ends up 3-6 in conference.

Yep. We just lost to the 2nd worst team. Guess who the worst is.