What happened with Bill Moos?

Hello HuskerBoard.  It has been a long time since I have been on here.  I am sure there are many changes and look forward to catching up with it all.

No back to topic, do any of you program insiders have any idea what the real reason for the sudden "retirement" of the AD is?  Affair, DUI, pending NCAA violation investigation, health problems?  It all seams strange and nothing is in print.

Thanks in advance guys,

Rob

• Plus1 2

I dunno if there's anything definitive out there. Some rumblings that he had been spending too much time at his ranch and not enough time in Nebraska. Some rumblings that Moos liked to drink a little too much when he was out in public or with some boosters, but if there's anything to that, it was probably a 'straw that broke the camel's back' sort of deal.

Whatever it was, it was apparently a problem worth spending $3 million to get rid of...

• Plus1 1

Rumbling I heard today was Moos didn't consult the board of regents when doing this:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nu-athletics-set-to-bring-radio-network-multimedia-rights-operation-in-house/article_7f75b963-7c2e-551b-beb3-45c4809a6317.html

Supposedly that was the last straw that set the wheels in motion for his retirement.  Sounds like they're trying to back track on that and rehire Learfield to continue them handling what they have been for the last 15 years.  

• Plus1 2

I thought I straightened this out in a couple of my first posts.  Do I have to do everything?  :lol:

Anyway,  he was released because he would not issue Scott Frost a needed ultimatum about this season, with an eye toward (quite expensively) firing him if he didn't take us to a good bowl game and/or win 7 (or so).  At least.  That sort of thing.  There.  :D

Plus the other stuff that others are saying.  That about covers it. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, hagg said:

I thought I straightened this out in a couple of my first posts.  Do I have to do everything?  :lol:

Anyway,  he was released because he would not issue Scott Frost a needed ultimatum about this season, with an eye toward (quite expensively) firing him if he didn't take us to a good bowl game and/or win 7 (or so).  At least.  That sort of thing.  There.  :D

Plus the other stuff that others are saying.  That about covers it. 

A Frost ultimatum for this year is absurd.  NU wouldn't do better in a new hire, would owe Scott millions to buy out his remaining years, and would further be branded as a non-destination coaching job with the pressure to win and no recent precedent to do so.

If I were Moos I'd have shown the administration two big fingers from two hands...

• Plus1 5

On 7/12/2021 at 8:07 PM, runningblind said:

Rumbling I heard today was Moos didn't consult the board of regents when doing this:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/nu-athletics-set-to-bring-radio-network-multimedia-rights-operation-in-house/article_7f75b963-7c2e-551b-beb3-45c4809a6317.html

Supposedly that was the last straw that set the wheels in motion for his retirement.  Sounds like they're trying to back track on that and rehire Learfield to continue them handling what they have been for the last 15 years.  

Please please please let this be true. Sports Nightly is terrible now compared to what it was. 

• Thanks 1