What happened with Bill Moos?

27 minutes ago, Micheal said:

Please please please let this be true. Sports Nightly is terrible now compared to what it was. 

I've always hated Learfield IMG College doing the broadcasting.  Not because they did a bad job.  In general, I have no complaints on their broadcasting.

However, I got sick and tired of hearing "You are listening to Learfield IMG College".  Every time I would hear that, I would think, no, I'm listening to the Huskers.  I'm not a fan of Learfield IMG College and I don't even know where it's located or what their mascot is.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

9 minutes ago, internetman said:

Really? An easy power 5 road win got him fired? Dumb

I don't think anyone was serious. 

Pullman is hard to get to- Spokane isn't that easy either. Then you've got 90 minute drive to Pullman. Pullman only has 35,000 people- its tiny. 

Stadium only holds 35,000 and they don't draw. I'm thinking these guys would be a 2 for 1 deal not straight up. Little to gain- but hey maybe a dialed up win makes sense now. It just doesn't look good with Moos being from WSU> 

19 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I don't think anyone was serious. 

Pullman is hard to get to- Spokane isn't that easy either. Then you've got 90 minute drive to Pullman. Pullman only has 35,000 people- its tiny. 

Stadium only holds 35,000 and they don't draw. I'm thinking these guys would be a 2 for 1 deal not straight up. Little to gain- but hey maybe a dialed up win makes sense now. It just doesn't look good with Moos being from WSU> 

12-24 team complaining about a road trip. I will never get it. 

• Plus1 4

The game with WSU was something Moos set up as he was going out the door. The reason he was probably sheparded to retire before the end of his contract was probably because he liked working from his home in Montana when the Athletic Department had moved back to mostly working in house. As such, some/most of his responsibilities ended up defaulting to the associate ADs who might not have had enough power to make final decisions or the individual coaches (mostly Frost with the new facility fundraising). This is just some thoughts from the stories/rumors that were written when it happened.

Pullman is all about what you make of it - a lot of debauchery. Not the first time a WAZZU game can’t stick on a schedule. That’s too bad, wouldn’t have minded heading back for a Husker game. 

Seems like the relationship with WSU wasn't as strained as some of their alum wanted to opine when he left for NU