Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

52 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm excited about this hire.  An experienced AD that also knows Nebraska. He also knows how important the passion for the football program is.

I haven't read through all the posts yet, but I love your comment.  I'm feeling more excited about it as well.  Seems like a real good hire for Nebraska. A good fit all around.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 3
33 minutes ago, talaricohusker said:

Well There goes the wrestling program! Hate this hire he handled that very very poorly. Hell UNO wrestling was doing way better then the football program and they were winning nattys and making more money then the football program 

I won't pretend to give two squirts about UNO athletics, but that can't have been a positive mark on the ol' rémumé.  Would he have been a serious candidate at any place he wasn't a legend as a player?  

• Plus1 1

tenor.gif?itemid=10914663&usqp=CAU

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I won't pretend to give two squirts about UNO athletics, but that can't have been a positive mark on the ol' rémumé.  Would he have been a serious candidate at any place he wasn't a legend as a player?  

Probably not. 

Everything about this smells like he was down the list of candidates, too. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
51 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Mixed feelings on this one.  I've been vocal of my dislike for Alberts in the past and a part of me is never going to forgive him for how things went down with UNO Wrestling (my family had lots of ties with the program).  I can also recognize he did a pretty bang up job of cleaning up a big mess when the former AD left.  I'm hopeful he can do well at UNL.  I'm sure Mark Manning is not exactly thrilled today though.

If I was the coach of any of the non-revenue sports, I don't think I'd be too thrilled today. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, C N Red said:

Its hilarious how everyone is so worried about something like this. Most people have no idea what went down at UNO. It was either cut things and keep the school around, or shut the school down. Colleges are still for school right? And Nebraska's budget is WAY different than mess UNO had going at the point in time Trev took over. If he can raise money and football actually gets reasonable again, there will not be any sports cut b/c the football program can make enough at UNL to carry every other sport

Wrestling paid for itself; the only reason why it was cut was because the team would have had to be in a different conference than the rest of the AD. 

• Plus1 4