Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

Just now, J-MAGIC said:

Can we not post racist stuff please?

Warren chose to make a big deal of and attend the Northwestern ADs press conference being introduced- that AD is black. Warren chose not to attend Nebraska's Press Conference, that AD was white. Not sure how stating  that observation is somehow racist. Warren has no personal connection to Northwestern or the AD. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Warren chose to make a big deal of and attend the Northwestern ADs press conference being introduced- that AD is black. Warren chose not to attend Nebraska's Press Conference, that AD was white. Not sure how stating  that observation is somehow racist. Warren has no personal connection to Northwestern or the AD. 

Take this somewhere else.

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 2
5 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Maybe Moos wasn't as well liked or people didn't like his style within the athletic department, but My God, the guy hired every single big name coach and first choice the fanbase wanted. He got Hoiberg, he got Frost, he got Bolt. Those on paper were all amazing hires and seemingly great hires at the time. Unfortunately only Bolt has proven successful right now, but even if Hoiberg and Frost don't ever get things going, at the time, it was standing ovation type hires. Moos did a fantastic job from a fans perspective.

Right there with ya. I like Amy Williams too, I think she needs time to develop that program and is on track. 

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Maybe Moos wasn't as well liked or people didn't like his style within the athletic department, but My God, the guy hired every single big name coach and first choice the fanbase wanted. He got Hoiberg, he got Frost, he got Bolt. Those on paper were all amazing hires and seemingly great hires at the time. Unfortunately only Bolt has proven successful right now, but even if Hoiberg and Frost don't ever get things going, at the time, it was standing ovation type hires. Moos did a fantastic job from a fans perspective.

I am not concerned with Hoiberg at all honestly. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am not concerned with Hoiberg at all honestly. 

Me either, I think he gets things going soon, just like I think Frost gets things going soon. But much like Frost, Hoiberg came in with the name and hype that he would be winning almost immediately. His success at Iowa State and having an NBA job on his resume would make one think that, but it's just been a little slower of a start than I think people thought. Also like the football program, it seems there is a constant revolving door of transfers coming and going.

11 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I guess him living in Chicago isn't relevant.

• Plus1 6

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

Me either, I think he gets things going soon, just like I think Frost gets things going soon. But much like Frost, Hoiberg came in with the name and hype that he would be winning almost immediately. His success at Iowa State and having an NBA job on his resume would make one think that, but it's just been a little slower of a start than I think people thought. Also like the football program, it seems there is a constant revolving door of transfers coming and going.

He is recruiting at the level that I have no concerns about including the aggressiveness in the transfer portal. Compare the level of player he is getting in to what Frost is getting in....different worlds honestly. My view of Frost is more around home and want and my view on Hoiberg is more around not if but when. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

I guess him living in Chicago isn't relevant.

dont ruin the narrative! 

2 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I was 6 at the time and sacked a happy meal (nuggets, fries  and an orange hi-c, can't forget the sweet & sour) 

I was 17 at the time, watching on TV with a couple friends.  We laughed at our friend who was getting yelled at by Charlie McBride b/c he was on the sidelines holding the wire to McBride's headset.  We played catch at halftime, with the surprised optimism that we were hanging in there with FSU.  By the end of the night we were sad faces, and wondering if NU would ever win a national championship.  The next year, I partied with the same 2 friends (and a few others) and we drove down to 72nd and Dodge to drunkenly party with the rest of Omaha.

• Oh Yeah! 2
4 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Trev Alberts would be a great fit. There was an interview once on ESPN where Mark May is shooting off his mouth that  Nebraska needs to realize they  aren't a power football team anymore.  You could see Trev steaming. "9-3 or 8-4 shouldn't be the expectation, Nebraska to be Nebraska should be fighting for the top spot year after year"

Trev Alberts bleeds Scarlet Red and Blaskshirt Black, should be an excellent fit 

Sadly, many (if not most) fans have lowered their expectations so much that this seems almost out of the realm of possibility in their minds.