Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Apparently neither Cook nor Frost were at the presser today. Previously scheduled vacations is what I'm hearing - which makes sense, with both Volleyball and the other sport's seasons coming up. 

But it does make me curious about the timing of all of this. Between Moos abruptly being let go to Alberts abruptly being hired and put into a presser.

Not implying anything. It's just interesting. 

Like that time I ordered 1 large single topping and was delivered 2 large single toppings. 

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Apparently neither Cook nor Frost were at the presser today. Previously scheduled vacations is what I'm hearing - which makes sense, with both Volleyball and the other sport's seasons coming up. 

But it does make me curious about the timing of all of this. Between Moos abruptly being let go to Alberts abruptly being hired and put into a presser.

WHAT???  Weren't you one that last week was claiming the AD department was floundering because we weren't hiring someone soon enough?

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

With the amount of media that covers NU athletics, it's near impossible to hold onto any news for any amount of time.  The interview with Alberts was Tuesday night, they offered him the job, and he accepted.  Thus the press conference this morning.

Alberts even made a comment in his PC today that he wasn't responding to texts/messages from local media, and that type of silence couldn't last forever.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

only Green knows for sure. hope this experiment works.

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'll say this about Trev: he isn't afraid to make department-altering decisions that alienate a large portion of his fanbase; should the need to fire Frost ever arise, I don't think he'll be afraid to make a move

I don’t think so either. Maybe it’ll be easier for one of our own to let Scott go gently if it comes down to it. This year, we cannot afford another losing season. That’s my assessment. If there’s no upward trend, it’s hard to make an argument to keep someone around.