Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

They have been working on this for 18 days.  In fact, Green stated in the press conference that they have actually been working towards this day for a while now.

I see nothing odd about how Trev was hired.

I think you think I'm trying to create smoke where there's no smoke. I'm just observing the situation. I know there's a fine line between what I'm saying and putting on a tinfoil hat, but I promise I'm on the not-wearing-tinfoil side of that line. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you think I'm trying to create smoke where there's no smoke. I'm just observing the situation. I know there's a fine line between what I'm saying and putting on a tinfoil hat, but I promise I'm on the not-wearing-tinfoil side of that line. 

This is the post I remembered where you seemed to express there were problems in the program because it was taking so long to hire someone.

I then said, no, there isn't an issue because they are going through the process and someone is an interim AD...for which you further disagreed.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've always kind of chuckled that if I had never watched Alberts on the football field, seeing him today, I would never guess he was such a monster at DE.  He just doesn't look are act like he has the personality to play like that.

He was extremely quick, took great angles and played with excellent technique. Fun watching him play, a legit athlete.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've always kind of chuckled that if I had never watched Alberts on the football field, seeing him today, I would never guess he was such a monster at DE.  He just doesn't look are act like he has the personality to play like that.

The beauty of what it means to be a Husker. Guys wore their heart on their sleeves back then.

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We are officially f#&%ed. Mark May has the worst take of anyone ever.

I was waiting for this to come up dedhoarse

19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is the post I remembered where you seemed to express there were problems in the program because it was taking so long to hire someone.

I then said, no, there isn't an issue because they are going through the process and someone is an interim AD...for which you further disagreed.

Ah. That was me thinking then, as I do now, that there was some issue that prompted Moos' abrupt "retirement."  Things I've learned subsequent to that post confirm an "issue" occurred that led to Moos' departure. 

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

We are officially f#&%ed. Mark May has the worst take of anyone ever.

Well,  yes, but interesting career path differences between him and Trev Alberts, who at one point sat next to each other on a sports talk set.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ah. That was me thinking then, as I do now, that there was some issue that prompted Moos' abrupt "retirement."  Things I've learned subsequent to that post confirm an "issue" occurred that led to Moos' departure. 

And those 'things' are:dunno    Is it all related to Moos being an absentee AD - never around or is there more under that bushel basket?

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I was thinking the same thing.  Mild manner, polite, showing deference & consideration.   Arguably he, SUH and Wistrom  are the 3 greatest defensive players from our past 30 years - they all 3 had a motor that wouldn't stop.

• Plus1 1