Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

How much of people’s thoughts about this hire are tinted by two things:

1. He’s a former player in a time where a number of fans are sick of the “old boys” club. 
2. How he handled cutting two UNO programs when they were prepping to make the jump to D1 as a school.

Everything from him cutting the programs to now has been generally positive for UNO organizationally. He helped build Baxter. There’s a new baseball stadium off of 72nd and Center that looks really nice and the team has recently made the tournament. The hockey teams been to the frozen four, the basketball teams almost made it to the tournament in the 5 years they’ve been eligible. 

I’m firmly in wait and see mode with the hire. Sometimes people need to have shorter memories. 

• Plus1 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
17 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Louisiana is pretty much last in everything positive (education, etc.) and first in everything negative (crime, etc.) -- the only exceptions are football and food. I've entertained some fans in the past who came up for the CWS and those people know how to cook.

….”THOSE PEOPLE” ???

and here we go.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Here's an example of how outsiders perceive this hire and Nebraska's football program in general nowadays... many who live in the state don't realize how others perceive us.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/more-sports/nebraska-uses-search-firm-for-new-ad-hires-trev-alberts/97238755/

Is this the same school that had the scandal that led to Les Miles being fired at Kansas? 

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Anybody still butt hurt over the UNO football/wrestling thing needs to get over it. They were cut for $ reasons (football) and Title IX compliance (wrestling) in order to move to D1 to save UNO Athletics.

Also, when did we start giving a damn about what the rest of the country “thinks” about who DONU hires as AD?  Honestly, I’m surprised there are enough SEC fans that can read in order to even have message boards. 

Maybe they use talk to text…

Perhaps... but I'd take NCs over knowing how to read right about now

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

How much of people’s thoughts about this hire are tinted by two things:

1. He’s a former player in a time where a number of fans are sick of the “old boys” club. 
2. How he handled cutting two UNO programs when they were prepping to make the jump to D1 as a school.

Everything from him cutting the programs to now has been generally positive for UNO organizationally. He helped build Baxter. There’s a new baseball stadium off of 72nd and Center that looks really nice and the team has recently made the tournament. The hockey teams been to the frozen four, the basketball teams almost made it to the tournament in the 5 years they’ve been eligible. 

I’m firmly in wait and see mode with the hire. Sometimes people need to have shorter memories. 

My son has played on the new field and it is VERY nice.  He has also played at JJ Isaacson Field where UNO has been for the last 4 years.  I was talking to the grounds keeper at JJ Isaacson, who also helps with the new facility, and he said UNO dumped roughly 300k into re-doing the playing surface there to make it better since it was being used as a college field.  He also mentioned that UNO is wanting to get more on Creighton's level when it comes to college athletics in the metro area, hence the new venues for baseball and basketball.  

I am a big Klassy fan and was hoping for him but I think Trev had UNO on the right track for future success and hope he can do the same for UNL. 

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Anybody still butt hurt over the UNO football/wrestling thing needs to get over it. They were cut for $ reasons (football) and Title IX compliance (wrestling) in order to move to D1 to save UNO Athletics.

Exactly.  The anger from non UNO fans over this is just odd.  I've seen on line people claiming they will never root for Husker athletics (other than wrestling) since they hired Alberts.  So, if we would have hired any AD that had ever cut a sport before, we are supposed to be pissed?  Get over it.That was 11 years ago and UNO athletics have been moving in the right direction ever since.

Funny thing is, I never hear people claim the same thing about him cutting football.

11 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Also, when did we start giving a damn about what the rest of the country “thinks” about who DONU hires as AD?  Honestly, I’m surprised there are enough SEC fans that can read in order to even have message boards. 

This ^^^. Who gives a flying rip what other fans think about our AD hire?

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This ^^^. Who gives a flying rip what other fans think about our AD hire?

Well, if you read that thread, it gives insight not just on the AD hire, but the thoughts on the Nebraska football program in general. LSU certainly isn't a rival, so they have no reason to spew negativity about us... just the truthful views of an impartial fan base of a team that is currently a national power. Irrelevant is how we're perceived... sad, but true. 

• Plus1 1