Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

42 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I'm a supporter of Coach Frost, but not a fan of adding money- time to the contract until reasonable progress has been made. 

The issue with posts like this is you're really referring to W/L record.

Understandable 

But statistics show "reasonable progress" is being made 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I'm a supporter of Coach Frost, but not a fan of adding money- time to the contract until reasonable progress has been made. 

28 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Exactly.  That is what I'm expressing as well.  

And that is exactly how you hamstring a coach and assure failure. Like it or not there is a price tag to compete at this level. Buying out an overblown contract is just the price of admission. A coach that doesn’t have the full backing of the University isn’t going to be able to recruit as well as one that does and, in some cases, isn’t going to work as hard either. You extend the contracts, sever them when required and pay the price.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The issue with posts like this is you're really referring to W/L record.

Understandable 

But statistics show "reasonable progress" is being made 

Im at all the games- I see the same mistakes and inconsistencies. I see games that we should win but have been outcoached. Im behind him, but he needs to make progress this year. Im a former 25 plus year FB Coach BTW. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

And that is exactly how you hamstring a coach and assure failure. Like it or not there is a price tag to compete at this level. Buying out an overblown contract is just the price of admission. A coach that doesn’t have the full backing of the University isn’t going to be able to recruit as well as one that does and, in some cases, isn’t going to work as hard either. You extend the contracts, sever them when required and pay the price.

Thanks for expressing your opinion.  

I think this is what you are saying ...

For me ... literally ... and with no threats ... as a fan from a little boy who is now 56 [50 years of rooting] ... there really isn't a whole lot left to love in the Big Red :bigredn: !  I've come to the point where I am not enjoying what is pontificated ... and I'm done.  Not just Scott, but the University ... gets two more years to bloviate and tell me "progress" is here.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

7 Years is plenty of time to turn a program around. There should be a LARGE number in place for a buyout in years 1-4. In years 5-6 not very much. IN year 7, IMO there shouldnt be any buyout at all. You are either fish or bait at that point. 

16 hours ago, UniversalMartin said:

I just don't think one of Alberts first major moves as an AD would be to fire Frost after a disastrous year (if that happens)...Frost has a minimum 2 years under Alberts if the records stay as they are...if Moos was here and Frost went 4-8 this year, he would be gone as 4 years of zero progress is completely grounds for term.

If Frost does not get it done this year but miraculously turns it around the next and from there on out...what a serendipitous turn of events occurred for him and us as a program

That's a fair enough point. The AD doesn't want to make what appears to be a hasty decision. 

The schedule does ease up next year, but Frost needs to show some ability to develop offensive players (or adapt his offense to his personnel better). Otherwise even with an easier schedule they will struggle. 

6 hours ago, Toe said:

That part is almost identical, wrestling scholarship limit is 9 for D-II and 9.9 for D-I. And again, if scholarship numbers were the real problem, why would you turn around and added men's soccer (9.9 scholarships for D-I) and golf (4.5)?

iirc they had to offer every sport the summit had, so they had to add those two sports.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

7 Years is plenty of time to turn a program around. There should be a LARGE number in place for a buyout in years 1-4. In years 5-6 not very much. IN year 7, IMO there shouldnt be any buyout at all. You are either fish or bait at that point. 

7 years is enough time but that doesn’t have jack to do with the contract. The University should be fully behind any coach….until they aren’t. They can’t let their support decrease based on relative lack of progress. It has to be an all in or all out deal imo.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Thanks for expressing your opinion.  

I think this is what you are saying ...

For me ... literally ... and with no threats ... as a fan from a little boy who is now 56 [50 years of rooting] ... there really isn't a whole lot left to love in the Big Red :bigredn: !  I've come to the point where I am not enjoying what is pontificated ... and I'm done.  Not just Scott, but the University ... gets two more years to bloviate and tell me "progress" is here.

Sounds kinda like a threat :dunno

Why wait two more years? If you’re not enjoying it, get out. Nobody is stopping you or even asking you to stay.  I can guarantee you that absolutely no other coach will care as much for this program or put forth the effort that SF will and does. So if you’re fed up with him after three years, leave.  BTW I’ve got two more years invested than you do.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

Sounds kinda like a threat :dunno

Why wait two more years? If you’re not enjoying it, get out. Nobody is stopping you or even asking you to stay.  I can guarantee you that absolutely no other coach will care as much for this program or put forth the effort that SF will and does. So if you’re fed up with him after three years, leave.  BTW I’ve got two more years invested than you do.

When did you become a fan JJ and how old were you?  I was 5-6 years of age in 69-70.

It's great you've got two more years.  50 years is a lot of fun and investment.  Good for you.