Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

2 hours ago, internetman said:

wait, you think I came up with this? this is a theory that was/is going through Omaha area.

At the end of the day- the quality of our walk ons has gone down, but has little to NOTHING to do with UNO football. Teams like South Dakota State, North Dakota State and even Northwest Missouri State have taken quality players from our state that in the past would have been walk ons. Thanks to rising tuition rates and NU no longer being dominant- and those teams winning, NU just isnt getting the quality level of walk on we did in the past. It is what it is. 

• Fire 1

Another interesting article from Sam with something very interesting:

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-trev-alberts-scott-frost-appear-in-sync-at-big-ten-media-days/article_3699f070-eb3c-11eb-a7a9-e7b5cf0244b5.html

“There are 1,000 things I could be freed up to do,” Frost said to the media around midfield. “I’ve spent a lot of my time — more time than I’d want to — in my three years dealing with things that didn’t have anything to do with football. And I won’t say more than that.”

Might be part of the why Moos was let go when he was. I also don't take it as an excuse for poor performance.

Speculation: Frost had to take a more than expected role with the new facility and the fund raising. Tasks that should have been lead by the AD.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Speculation: Frost had to take a more than expected role with the new facility and the fund raising. Tasks that should have been lead by the AD.

Possible.  But that would be hard to characterize as "didn't have anything to do with football" unless he just meant on the field.

13 minutes ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Another interesting article from Sam with something very interesting:

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/mckewon-trev-alberts-scott-frost-appear-in-sync-at-big-ten-media-days/article_3699f070-eb3c-11eb-a7a9-e7b5cf0244b5.html

Might be part of the why Moos was let go when he was. I also don't take it as an excuse for poor performance.

Good take. Remember Trev talking about freeing up his coaches by having everything not relating to preparing the team to take the field being "taken care of" by Trev Also Trev talked about working hard, grinding every day to make NU a better place and set an example for others. 

I liked Moos- but this really points to Moos being AWOL. 

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Possible.  But that would be hard to characterize as "didn't have anything to do with football" unless he just meant on the field.

It's football adjacent, but if he was constantly being pulled away from his office to do tasks that should have instead went through the AD office (like schmoozing up to donors in unscheduled events).

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Toe said:

!!!

So, uhh, guess we might be hearing some more about things that were going on with Moos, and possibly Eichortst?

I'm surprised that Cook was so close to get offered and taking the AD job, but he obviously loves NU athletics, and was willing to step up to lead it out from the doldrums.  That's a University leader right there.