Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

15 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

Maybe Moos wasn't as well liked or people didn't like his style within the athletic department, but My God, the guy hired every single big name coach and first choice the fanbase wanted. He got Hoiberg, he got Frost, he got Bolt. Those on paper were all amazing hires and seemingly great hires at the time. Unfortunately only Bolt has proven successful right now, but even if Hoiberg and Frost don't ever get things going, at the time, it was standing ovation type hires. Moos did a fantastic job from a fans perspective.

Bolt is well on his way. Hoiberg most of us know will get there and sooner than many think, he has the track record, coaching staff and now the players. Frost has been slow out of the gate but there's still hope. Williams is solid and Klassy may end up being the best hire out of them all when it comes to putting in place the all important NIL approach and in house Media program. Hats off to Moos on his hires, that will be a great legacy. Not all great hunters are great farmers as well- hopefully Trev can do both but not required to hunt down any major sport coaches in the near future. 

7 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Bolt is well on his way. Hoiberg most of us know will get there and sooner than many think, he has the track record, coaching staff and now the players. Frost has been slow out of the gate but there's still hope. Williams is solid and Klassy may end up being the best hire out of them all when it comes to putting in place the all important NIL approach and in house Media program. Hats off to Moos on his hires, that will be a great legacy. Not all great hunters are great farmers as well- hopefully Trev can do both but not required to hunt down any major sport coaches in the near future. 

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, but also the desire is in nearly every hire...hopefully it’s setup for 20-30 years of stability and success because those coaches are young and don’t seem like the type that will dip if they reach their pinnacle. Cook will choose his successor, I imagine. 

• Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yeah good call. I think I'd probably rewrite that original post a bit in hindsight.

I'm all for giving him every chance in the world, more so than if we would have hired an outsider. If any other coach would have come in and gone 12-20 the fan base would would have gone absolutely ballistic. I look at where we were with Riley after 3 years and he was 19-19.

Unless things just totally go to hell this year I can't see him not getting at least 5 seasons but as in any organization should and will be evaluations every year. I really hoping they go 8-4 then we won't be discussing this again any time soon.

And best wishes to Trev. He has my support.

2 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

Don’t want to get ahead of ourselves, but also the desire is in nearly every hire...hopefully it’s setup for 20-30 years of stability and success because those coaches are young and don’t seem like the type that will dip if they reach their pinnacle. Cook will choose his successor, I imagine. 

Yes, all pretty young and athletic- all 5 that I mentioned including Trev. Loved the Moos hires but appearance matters- there are no bald old washed up Mike Rileys or Gray haired cowboys in this bunch. 

Apparently neither Cook nor Frost were at the presser today. Previously scheduled vacations is what I'm hearing - which makes sense, with both Volleyball and the other sport's seasons coming up. 

But it does make me curious about the timing of all of this. Between Moos abruptly being let go to Alberts abruptly being hired and put into a presser.

Not implying anything. It's just interesting. 

• Plus1 1