Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In is post, he said the "retirement" of Moos was abrupt.  I agree.  Then he said the hiring of Alberts was abrupt.  I disagree. Was asking how the hiring was abrupt.

Moos was told he was retiring, and was done officially on June 30th. That was news to Moos at the time. 

Per the presser today, Trev was just interviewed yesterday. They reached a handshake deal, then signed the contract this morning, and had the presser at 11am. Less than 24 hours after his interview, and 18 days after Moos was released. 

I think that's all reasonably described as abrupt. It was quick enough that they couldn't/didn't wait for Frost & Cook, coaches of the flagship programs at UNL, to come back from their vacations to attend the presser. 

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In is post, he said the "retirement" of Moos was abrupt.  I agree.  Then he said the hiring of Alberts was abrupt.  I disagree. Was asking how the hiring was abrupt.

Gotcha. My bad. I was also one who threw out speculation over the situation. The way it all ended up, my worry was for not and I believe this is a strong move - a punchers shot at least. 

I just remembered that Trev was a candidate in 2017 after Eichorst was let go, but declined to be interviewed. I had forgotten all about that. 

Trev Alberts turns down interview for Nebraska AD

October 4, 2017

OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — University of Nebraska-Omaha athletic director Trev Alberts has turned down an interview for the vacant athletic director’s job at Nebraska.

Alberts wrote in an email to the Omaha athletic department staff Wednesday that the Nebraska search firm contacted him and that after “prayerful consideration” he let the firm know he would not be a candidate.

The Nebraska job has been open since Shawn Eichorst was fired two weeks ago. Alberts was an All-America football player at Nebraska in the early 1990s.

The 47-year-old Alberts said in the email he had never pursued another job in his eight years at Omaha and that there is “unfinished business” left to do. Omaha completed its transition from Division II to Division I in 2015-16.

Alberts did not immediately return a phone message.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Moos was told he was retiring, and was done officially on June 30th. That was news to Moos at the time. 

Per the presser today, Trev was just interviewed yesterday. They reached a handshake deal, then signed the contract this morning, and had the presser at 11am. Less than 24 hours after his interview, and 18 days after Moos was released. 

I think that's all reasonably described as abrupt. It was quick enough that they couldn't/didn't wait for Frost & Cook, coaches of the flagship programs at UNL, to come back from their vacations to attend the presser. 

They have been working on this for 18 days.  In fact, Green stated in the press conference that they have actually been working towards this day for a while now.

I see nothing odd about how Trev was hired.

• Oh Yeah! 1