Trev Alberts named new Husker AD - 11 a.m. press conference

55 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Did they include middle school athletic directors?  No way that number is correct.  

No kidding!  Our AD in our Class B high school makes close to 100k if not over. (I'd guess over)

edit:  according to govsalaries.com he makes $122,000.  Don't know how accurate that site is, but it has to be close!

• TBH 1

5 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Did they include middle school athletic directors?  No way that number is correct.  

I don't know where they get all the numbers.  But a lot of smaller schools have half-time (or less) ADs.  So if they're only counting the half of the salary that goes to the AD position, that would drag the average down.

On 11/14/2023 at 5:19 PM, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's weird just because... we're bidding against ourselves. Nobody was on the verge of poaching him away for a new job. The better paying and more prestigious AD positions are filled. 

I like Trev as the AD, but Athletic Departments have a weird habit of guaranteeing large amounts of money to coaches and administrators without much reason to do so. 

Word is Trev had expressed interest in being the next Executive Director of the College Football Playoff.  Maybe, maybe not.  And maybe he wouldn't have really been a candidate even if he was interested.  But that could have been part of it.

I think it's more likely that Carter wanted to make sure things were stable since he's leaving.  He didn't want the two people most responsible for getting Rhule here to disappear that fast.  And with a new football coach, one major building project just finishing up and another bigger on on the docket, it's better to make sure things go as smoothly as possible for the next several years.

• TBH 2
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

Word is Trev had expressed interest in being the next Executive Director of the College Football Playoff.  Maybe, maybe not.  And maybe he wouldn't have really been a candidate even if he was interested.  But that could have been part of it.

I think it's more likely that Carter wanted to make sure things were stable since he's leaving.  He didn't want the two people most responsible for getting Rhule here to disappear that fast.  And with a new football coach, one major building project just finishing up and another bigger on on the docket, it's better to make sure things go as smoothly as possible for the next several years.

Well put, it makes sense from that prospective. 

10 hours ago, Mavric said:

Well put, Mav.  In an era of quick fixes and instant gratification, Nebraska and Trev are trying an opposite approach of stability and long-term growth.  Will fans be patient enough to go through growing pains, that's the big question.  I think Rhule and his staff have over-achieved this season, but given how the season has played out, not making a bowl this season will be disappointing.  Outside of football, NU sports are achieving great things this fall, and that's exciting to watch and follow.  But, football is king, and the only thing most Nebraskans and fans care about.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Well put, Mav.  In an era of quick fixes and instant gratification, Nebraska and Trev are trying an opposite approach of stability and long-term growth.  Will fans be patient enough to go through growing pains, that's the big question.  I think Rhule and his staff have over-achieved this season, but given how the season has played out, not making a bowl this season will be disappointing.  Outside of football, NU sports are achieving great things this fall, and that's exciting to watch and follow.  But, football is king, and the only thing most Nebraskans and fans care about.

The bolded isn't even a question IMO.  We might complain, but the fans are with this team through it all, even when they shouldn't be like wanting to give Frost years 4 and 5.  It's our greatest strength, and a weakness also.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1