Stadium Overhaul

2 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I'm not a huge person but I have definitely been uncomfortable in Wrigley's bleachers.  Usually stop caring after my 8th beer tho.  Most of the times I have sat in the bleaches they were completely packed.  I guess their stadium seats aren't that bad.  My uncle had season tickets for the Bears so I've seen plenty of games in Soldier Field.  I personally feel at least in the south end zone the seats don't offer much space.  In reality I don't really care all that much.  I'm willing to be slightly uncomfortable while watching my favorite sport just in case something amazing happens so one day I can tell someone "hey, I was there when that happened".  

having to binge drink to be comfortable is kinda hilarious  

13 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Wishful dreamer .....

Partially tearing down. New seats ......... closer to the action.

wwZe1Iy.png

tUJhg5k.png

Notice green arrow for above picture. Tinker-toy construction. Very easy to demolish south/north upper rows. IMO, much cheaper than East project because existing cement column foundations (no digging).

Final product .......

TdcbBmj.png

sKJVoBL.png

You’re hired!

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Wishful dreamer .....

wwZe1Iy.png

tUJhg5k.png

Notice green arrow for above picture. Tinker-toy construction. Very easy to demolish south/north upper rows. IMO, much cheaper than East project because existing cement column foundations (no digging).

Final product .......

TdcbBmj.png

sKJVoBL.png

This is a dream stadium in my opinion. 

• Plus1 2

At the risk of sounding spoiled, I’ll give my takes.  

I’ve been going to games on and off (mostly on) for 40ish years now.  I’ve been fortunate to have access to club seats in recent years as opposed to being crammed into the north-west corner as a youngster, who was in awe at just being there seeing my Huskers in person.   I will say that I simply will never go back to bench seats, not only at Memorial, but any sporting event—outside of maybe an away game when you may not have a choice ( I’m looking at you, crappy Ryan Field).  

Just having your own seat is great, but just as important is the once-a-game bathroom break now takes 5 minutes instead of 45.  Alcohol, I can take it or leave it.  But I understand why many would like a drink or two.   Although a glass of wine would do wonders in getting my wife to games so there’s that.  But having a couple beers would then mean 2 or 3 bathroom breaks.   I prefer to wait until I get home to partake in drinking.  

The WiFi does suck, but all I really need the phone for is other games.   So I wish the video ribbons would be better about continuous score updates from other games instead of all the damn ads.  

So as @teachercd put it, it’s never going to be as comfortable as your own couch, but NU certainly can do better.   And I think they will have to.  Trev will do a better job with this than Moos would have, IMO.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Wishful dreamer .....

wwZe1Iy.png

tUJhg5k.png

Final product .......

TdcbBmj.png

sKJVoBL.png

Nicely done.

My wish would be that the field turf would be one color.  I'm not a fan of the alternating color every five yards (light green/dark green).  It screams "cutting edge 2005!!!".  Plus I would love to see the "HUSKERS" end zone in solid white, like they had it in the 80s

17 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Wishful dreamer .....

wwZe1Iy.png

tUJhg5k.png

Final product .......

TdcbBmj.png

sKJVoBL.png

I like it. It gives a more complete look. I like Memorial, but it does have this very chunked together look to it. 

I wonder if something could be done with the very top deck on the East side. I've never sat up there, but it doesn't seem like a very pleasant spot to watch a game. 

11 minutes ago, Fru said:

I like it. It gives a more complete look. I like Memorial, but it does have this very chunked together look to it. 

I wonder if something could be done with the very top deck on the East side. I've never sat up there, but it doesn't seem like a very pleasant spot to watch a game. 

Required oxygen tank for every seats and powerful binoculars.  (Too high)