Stadium Overhaul

15 minutes ago, Fru said:

I wonder if something could be done with the very top deck on the East side. I've never sat up there, but it doesn't seem like a very pleasant spot to watch a game. 

I actually love sitting up there too.  Much more room and leg room.  It also seems like you're looking straight down on the field so it's easier to see the entire play develop.  Concessions and bathrooms are much nicer too.

Only bad thing is, I wouldn't want to sit up there in late November when it's cold and windy.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually love sitting up there too.  Much more room and leg room.  It also seems like you're looking straight down on the field so it's easier to see the entire play develop.  

It may be a great spot to sit. I don't consider myself to have a fear of heights, but whenever I'm at a game (usually north stadium), I always glance up there and think how insanely high that is. 

17 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Nope; this is me 1000%. 

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I love end zone seats.

always irritated me when snooty people would brag about tickets on 50 yard line.  I figure from the end zone that's how I saw it when I played so it more comfortable to me.  I can see the holes open up, angles being taken.  Only knock is that sometime I have a hard time seeing how many yards were gained or lost (on shorter plays) but that's what score boards are for..

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

Nicely done.

My wish would be that the field turf would be one color.  I'm not a fan of the alternating color every five yards (light green/dark green).  It screams "cutting edge 2005!!!".  Plus I would love to see the "HUSKERS" end zone in solid white, like they had it in the 80s

I don't like FieldTurf crap.  Use natural grass. Hey, convert to FieldTurf in golf course greens :wacko: 

I'm disappointment Notre Dame stadium.  Convert to fake FieldTurf a couple of years ago.  Another suckers .....

gallery-1447777451-gettyimages-873115-00

Slick FieldTurf salesman

• Plus1 1
On 7/20/2021 at 2:12 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

Disney also appreciated you staying home and watching it as they take all dat monies and dont have to share. 

Fine by me. I’m perfectly content not watching movies in a theater (save for Alamo) ever again. 

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Fine by me. I’m perfectly content not watching movies in a theater (save for Alamo) ever 

Well there's is a reason it isn't opening back up, it sucked.  Food sucked, drinks sucked.  For supposedly being a better movie experience, it was awful all 3 times I went.  

17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I actually love sitting up there too.  Much more room and leg room.  It also seems like you're looking straight down on the field so it's easier to see the entire play develop.  Concessions and bathrooms are much nicer too.

Only bad thing is, I wouldn't want to sit up there in late November when it's cold and windy.

I sat up there with my son for the Iowa game two years ago, cold windy and rainy.  It was no worse there than any other spot I’ve been.  It was actually nice because we could hang out in the heated elevator lobby during halftime and tv timeouts if needed.

We we’re in the very top row at the end of an aisle.  No one behind and no one in front.  Seats were around the 40 yardline.  No place “further” away from the field, but my view has never been better. It was awesome!

It was my most enjoyable Memorial Stadium experience ever, at least as far as comfort, access to concessions, and coming and going.  

• Plus1 3
51 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I sat up there with my son for the Iowa game two years ago, cold windy and rainy.  It was no worse there than any other spot I’ve been.  It was actually nice because we could hang out in the heated elevator lobby during halftime and tv timeouts if needed.

We we’re in the very top row at the end of an aisle.  No one behind and no one in front.  Seats were around the 40 yardline.  No place “further” away from the field, but my view has never been better. It was awesome!

It was my most enjoyable Memorial Stadium experience ever, at least as far as comfort, access to concessions, and coming and going.  

I got my wife and I seats similar at the end of an aisle and no one behind us for the Illinois game due to the current Covid uptick mostly.  I usually always want 'good seats' as they say for most sporting events and concerts but I am really excited to have a much broader view I guess you could say for this game.  Also thankful that it won't be cold since we'll be sitting up higher lol.

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think I've only been to 3 games in Memorial Stadium.  Did people complain this much about comfort in the 70's, 80's and 90's when more games were being won?

You have to remember, things have changed a bit. Comfort standards usually shift upwards as time passes unless you are in Cuba or Venezuela. We didnt have air conditioning in the 50s- but would you want to be without it at your work or home on a 100 degree day?

Back in Pioneer days they lived in sod houses and ate bugs. Things change. We aren't asking for theater seats and climate control- just the ability to sit without having to wiggle wedge yourself between two people- having sharp knees jutting into your back, sidwaysing your knees as to not jab the people in front of you, be able to pee without missing an entire quarter of the game. You know reasonable stuff most of the better venues in the country already have. 

I for one am very proud of the pioneers and people in the 50s- but I'm not wanting to live in a sod house or not have air conditioning- because by modern standards, I don't have to . :D If NU doesn't address these issues- they will be negligent in insuring great fan support for the future. BTW I've been to maybe 330 home games- I'm voting with real dollars here. 

• Plus1 1
On 7/21/2021 at 4:51 PM, KingBlank said:

Well there's is a reason it isn't opening back up, it sucked.  Food sucked, drinks sucked.  For supposedly being a better movie experience, it was awful all 3 times I went.  

Alamo? LOL, the one in South Omaha was great. Been their twice, and it's on par with the ones we have in DFW. 

There's a reason they're the gold standard in theaters. And they are opening back up August 13th. 

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...