Stadium Overhaul

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have noticed this is a much bigger problem due to the construction.  I've never experienced really bad problems getting somewhere until this year.  I've sat in the north east corner a couple times this year and getting in sucks.  You have to get there early because there's a long line at one gate.

However, when leaving, I don't think some people realize that you can get from the north stadium to the east side (south of the construction) before you leave the stadium.  

Not sure how this gets fixed until the construction is done.  We only have three home games left and next year the construction should be done enough to allow more natural flow of traffic.

You know your old when this bridge didn’t exist. My dad tossed me between parked railroad cars. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, krc1995 said:

You know your old when this bridge didn’t exist. My dad tossed me between parked railroad cars. 

I remember having to drive across the train tracks to go to basketball games with my dad at Devaney, and you could basically park across the street with a cheap parking pass.

1 hour ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Yes I do. I think of Thunderstruck the same as Sirius, it's been done before and done better many years ago.

Well, we can't all have good taste I suppose.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
19 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’m that old too.  And that’s not old.  

Yup.  You're old when you remember rushing the chain link fence in groups, knowing not all would be caught and have to pay the 35 cents to get in.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:18 PM, ZRod said:

I remember having to drive across the train tracks to go to basketball games with my dad at Devaney, and you could basically park across the street with a cheap parking pass.

Well, we can't all have good taste I suppose.

Imagine thinking AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" wasn't tired, unimaginative, and cliche much like "Sirius".  I guess I expect more effort to modernize and you are satisfied with the status quo.

• Oh Yeah! 1

If this is repeated I apologize, but I'll tell you they can say all they want about improving the stadium experience in the future, but at both the NW and the Michigan games they didn't pass out almost 1/2 of the stadium chairs and they ran out of food before the end of half time.  For a 6:30pm game, this is really disappointing.  I would certainly say if they are going to stick to the policy that you can not bring in your own stadium seats, then they should really have enough to pass out to pretty much every behind that wants one. And if you are going to host a night game and not allow people to bring in their own snacks, you should really plan to have enough popcorn and pizza to feed people until at least 9.

I wasn't "upset" about any of it.. Just saying that if we are really trying to improve the experience, we could go a long way by just doing our current bare minimum,  but doing it well.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Imagine thinking AC/DC's "Thunderstruck" wasn't tired, unimaginative, and cliche much like "Sirius".  I guess I expect more effort to modernize and you are satisfied with the status quo.

Says the guy who picked a mashup of songs that are 26 and 39 years old, one of which was the epitome of the cliche fan highlight real song in the 2000s... :lol:

5 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

I thought it was cool for one game, but I'd rather see them mix up the music selection for it.