Bussin w/ the Boys featuring Pelini

Wasn't sure where to post this.  Will Compton and Taylor Lewan host a great podcast called "Bussin with the Boys" and they've got Bo Pelini on the show today.  Should be a pretty entertaining listen once it drops and I hope Pelini lays it all out there and doesn't pull any punches.

I know some dorks hate Bo and think he is a horrible person because he hated the annoying fans, but I bet it would be a blast to play golf with him, especially if you are in his inner-circle like these guys are, where he can share his stories about annoying reporters, lame players, annoying fans, stuff like that. 

We had a QB that started varsity as a sophomore for us a few years back, because of injury, kid was a giant softie.  He lost his job by the time his junior season was half over and of course his parents started calling/emailing and threatening the varsity coaches and the administration and they set up meeting after meeting.   Of course the kid ended up leaving our school but the behind the scenes stories are the best ones. 

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Street Novelist said:

When is this episode dropping?

I would have to guess in the next couple of weeks.  Their latest episode that dropped a couple of days ago was from a 7/12 interview they did.  With the Pelini interview taking place around the 23rd, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped it the week of Nebraska's season opener against Illinois to get some extra buzz which would make sense because honestly, Nebraska fans just can't help themselves when it comes to Pelini.  He's literally catnip!

Watch: A 'purrfect' start to the Husker spring game | Collegefootball |  tulsaworld.com

On 7/23/2021 at 8:44 AM, teachercd said:

I know some dorks hate Bo and think he is a horrible person because he hated the annoying fans, but I bet it would be a blast to play golf with him, especially if you are in his inner-circle like these guys are, where he can share his stories about annoying reporters, lame players, annoying fans, stuff like that. 

We had a QB that started varsity as a sophomore for us a few years back, because of injury, kid was a giant softie.  He lost his job by the time his junior season was half over and of course his parents started calling/emailing and threatening the varsity coaches and the administration and they set up meeting after meeting.   Of course the kid ended up leaving our school but the behind the scenes stories are the best ones. 

I think unaggrivated Bo seems like a good guy and someone you could hang with.  It's when he becomes unhinged that has been his biggest detractor.  Just unable to reel it in when he got/gets upset to the point of crossing the line.