So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/texas-oklahoma-joining-sec

For all of those who thought it would be worthwhile to trust Texas again and be part of the BIG12= This is whats happening now- Texas and OU want into the SEC. If they leave what will become of the BIG12? It will be another AAC or Conference USA. Iowa State and KU might be able to land in the BIG- everyone else is on their own. Texas sees the writing on the wall. The Aggies with Jimbo at the helm are leaving them in the dust and they are blinking. 

What would the chance of the BIG taking us back if we would have bailed on them for the BIG 12 and got lost in the shuffle? As SORRY as the BIG has been for us- THANK GOD Coach Osborne got us onto bedrock to at least have a legitimate place to play. 

• Plus1 8
  • Fire 1

Just now, Frostberg said:

Pass on Texas Tech or expanding a recruiting footprint into Texas? 

Pass on Texas Tech.  That school is in the middle of nowhere.  I don't really see how they would open up the recruiting footprint to Texas.  TCU would potentially be an option for the DFW market, but even then that school is so small and selective, it doesn't have a strong alumni base.  Texas and OU fans are more predominant in the DFW market.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Pass on Texas Tech.  That school is in the middle of nowhere.  I don't really see how they would open up the recruiting footprint to Texas.  TCU would potentially be an option for the DFW market, but even then that school is so small and selective, it doesn't have a strong alumni base.  Texas and OU fans are more predominant in the DFW market.

That's understandable. What about the university of Huston? Large city with no schools in the power 5. Yes, they probably don't fit for an alumni base, academics, geographically, and many other reasons but I'm just trying to think outside the box here.

If the big ten expands I would like to see them move into richer recruiting territory (preferably closer to Nebraska vs the east coast). Adding another Iowa school or a Kansas school doesn't help in that aspect. 

3 minutes ago, Frostberg said:

That's understandable. What about the university of Huston? Large city with no schools in the power 5. Yes, they probably don't fit for an alumni base, academics, geographically, and many other reasons but I'm just trying to think outside the box here.

If the big ten expands I would like to see them move into richer recruiting territory (preferably closer to Nebraska vs the east coast). Adding another Iowa school or a Kansas school doesn't help in that aspect. 

Meh, Houston is mainly a commuter school with not much of a campus environment.  I honestly don't think there are too many attractive schools in Texas, other than UT and A&M (as much as I hate A&M).  That state is just weird in that it's a huge state with a ton of talent, but the schools themselves aren't very attractive schools.  There is a reason the SWC failed.  After Arkansas left, it was basically A&M and Texas dragging along a bunch of small private schools (although Tech and Houston are public).