So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

Just now, gossamorharpy said:

Kansas and Notre Dame, welcome

I don't think Notre Dame will be too quick to join the Big Ten.  Unless the ACC is on shaky ground, ND already has been in their conference for every sport except football and ND was able to make the CFP last year by playing an ACC-only schedule.  If ND wants to join a conference, I would expect them to just be in the ACC in all sports.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't think Notre Dame will be too quick to join the Big Ten.  Unless the ACC is on shaky ground, ND already has been in their conference for every sport except football and ND was able to make the CFP last year by playing an ACC-only schedule.  If ND wants to join a conference, I would expect them to just be in the ACC in all sports.

Yeah i dont necessarily think they would either.  But, if this actually has steam and happens I feel like we're gonna see somewhat of a school grab by the other conferences and these 2 would be at the top of the list, for me.

Did any of you hear the rumors a few back regarding a B1O southern expansion involving Georgia tech and Miami? I think Virginia, North Carolina, Pitt and Duke were also mentioned.  Mainly as a way to entice Notre Dame into the conference but also for the newer B1O additions as well as for Penn State. I don't think invitations for all of these schools were in play just as

"possibilities".

5 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Texas struggles to win games in the big12 and their bright idea would be to join the sec and most likely a western division with OU, LSU, Texas AM and Alabama. Good luck. 

Yeah, but if conferences go to 16 games, I think conferences would look at 4-team pod system.  Although a pod of Texas, OU, A&M, and Missouri would basically be the Big 12 all over again.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Big Ten will expand in the ACC footprint.  

UNC

GT

FSU

UVA

they want eyeballs and strong academics

Clemson is the team that is going to end up holding their dong if this happens. 

That makes a ton of sense. But how big will the super conferences get?  16 teams is somewhat manageable, but any more than that seems like a total pain in the a$$. 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

That makes a ton of sense. But how big will the super conferences get?  16 teams is somewhat manageable, but any more than that seems like a total pain in the a$$. 

Probably 16, I was just tossing out names that would make sense for them.  Going west doesn't really make a lot of sense and KU, I think, is a dumb school, sort of like NU.  

31 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Big Ten will expand in the ACC footprint.  

UNC

GT

FSU

UVA

they want eyeballs and strong academics

Clemson is the team that is going to end up holding their dong if this happens. 

Given we're already at 14 members and 16 seems to be next logical step, which of those 2 would u say is most likely?  I'd prolly rank FSU and GT as top two simply for recruiting purposes but I feel a case exists for all. I would think FSU would be #1 out of this list, tho Id be shocked if they would actually consider a jump like that