So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

The teams the Big 10 would take from the Big12 is Texas, Iowa St., Kansas and OU. OU would get a pass on not being part of the AAU similar to ND. I think ND will be stuck with the ACC. Big10 would take 2 more for 16. Kansas would be good. The other might come from out East, assuming the ACC doesn’t poach Maryland and PSU.

1 minute ago, gossamorharpy said:

Given we're already at 14 members and 16 seems to be next logical step, which of those 2 would u say is most likely?  I'd prolly rank FSU and GT as top two simply for recruiting purposes but I feel a case exists for all. I would think FSU would be #1 out of this list, tho Id be shocked if they would actually consider a jump like that

Just my guess.

UNC would love the money I would think, so would FSU.

I personally thinkg GT and then UVA because of their academics (I think they are ranked really high)

1 minute ago, nic said:

The teams the Big 10 would take from the Big12 is Texas, Iowa St., Kansas and OU. OU would get a pass on not being part of the AAU similar to ND. I think ND will be stuck with the ACC. Big10 would take 2 more for 16. Kansas would be good. The other might come from out East, assuming the ACC doesn’t poach Maryland and PSU.

ISU brings nothing, that amazing Iowa TV market is already wrapped up by the Big Ten.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Just my guess.

UNC would love the money I would think, so would FSU.

I personally thinkg GT and then UVA because of their academics (I think they are ranked really high)

ISU brings nothing, that amazing Iowa TV market is already wrapped up by the Big Ten.

They would be behind teams from the East for sure, but on the list none the less. The big 10s commish sucks. I am sure he is not ready for this and the big 10 will have to settle.

31 minutes ago, nic said:

B1G wouldn’t pass on OU or ND, especially ND! 

16 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

OkSU is ready to make a move before Texas and OU can. This is going to get out of hand quickly. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/oklahoma-state-issues-strong-response-to-report-ou-texas-reached-out-to-sec/amp/

This sounds like a girl who just got broken up with bragging about how it's hot girl summer

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like 11 of 14 SEC teams need to say yes for this to happen. 

Guaranteed NO-- Texas A&M, Missouri

Only need 2 more to say nada

Who else's selfish interests are served by NOT having Texas and OU in the SEC?

Arkansas- with nearby Texas and Oklahoma recruits maybe wanting to play in the SEC vs BIG12. 

LSU- East Texas kids may be as close to BR as they are to Austin. 

Other SEC teams may want to vote Texas in to split the bounty of Texas HS recruits between programs- not allowing A&M to emerge as a big threat. 

• Plus1 1

Looks like Arkansas is a probable NO to letting Texas into the SEC> That means there needs to be just ONE more NO and Texas will have to limp back to the BIG12

Interesting ALL the teams that have had to play in a conference with the longwhores DONT want them in their conference. Speaks volumes- A&M, Missouri, Arkansas

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/breaking-up-with-swc-was-right-thing-to-do/

• Plus1 1

I think a great addition to the B1G would be Mizzou and KU. I have Mizzou more than any of our current rivals so I'd love to see us play them again. KU has hoops and is AAU.

I don't think Iowa State is a great addition. B1G is going to be looking at $$$ and they don't bring a TV market. KU and Mizzou would bring KC and STL. Might be tough to convince Mizzou to leave the SEC, though.

Best case scenario for the B1G would be ND and KU out of this, imo. That being said my dream would be OU and Mizzou to the B1G.

• Plus1 1