So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

Some commentary from Sam:

http://click1.newsletter.omaha.com/xcdkghbbjbntcdrgtpvhhtcjmctqmkcjcgsldsbpgddbrvv_aybkstsmmbnmpkplmhbtd.html

But the Big Ten is the family that chose Nebraska. It has filled Nebraska’s athletic and academic coffers with money. And as dysfunctional as the league got for a minute last August, it is not led by two self-interested scorpions looking to sting the frog beneath them when the mood strikes.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
8 hours ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I think a great addition to the B1G would be Mizzou and KU. I have Mizzou more than any of our current rivals so I'd love to see us play them again. KU has hoops and is AAU.

I don't think Iowa State is a great addition. B1G is going to be looking at $$$ and they don't bring a TV market. KU and Mizzou would bring KC and STL. Might be tough to convince Mizzou to leave the SEC, though.

Best case scenario for the B1G would be ND and KU out of this, imo. That being said my dream would be OU and Mizzou to the B1G.

tv market is 2010 thinking. no longer an issue. 

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Ocean said:

With the TAMU opposition to this UT to SEC talk would it be possible or likely that the B1O would aim at TAMU, MIZZ, and maybe a contingency of the big 12 teams? Would they make a place for OK State and offer a better deal to TAMU and MIZZ if it meant being able to snag Oklahoma? 

no. TAMU culture doesn't align and MIZZOU burnt bridges during the last realignment. google missouri and big10 

1 hour ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

North Carolina will not leave the ACC without Duke. 

UNC isn’t tied to Duke. They have nothing in common outside their basketball rivalry. UNC is the big, state school, which gets the best in-state students and is popular with out of state students. Duke is a private school, which attracts more kids from New York City, than it does from local areas. UNC wouldn’t have any issue leaving Duke. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, RichardHangslow said:

Oklahoma, ND, Florida and/or Florida state to the B1G. Adds a lot of recruiting ground. 

ND doesn't really add much recruiting ground.  Nebraska already plays two schools in IN.  You would want a foot hold in the Fort Wayne area but most of the top talent there usually ends up at Mich or OSU.  

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

UNC isn’t tied to Duke. They have nothing in common outside their basketball rivalry. UNC is the big, state school, which gets the best in-state students and is popular with out of state students. Duke is a private school, which attracts more kids from New York City, than it does from local areas. UNC wouldn’t have any issue leaving Duke. 

I’m not going to start a big argument, but how familiar are you with UNC?  My family has deep ties to the area.  

UNC is tied to Duke.  They aren’t leaving the ACC. They are a founding member and arguably the most powerful voice in the ACC.. Although, some say that is fading with Clemson’s success in football. However, UNC football is helping keep their spot at the top of the conference. Plus, no way UNC leaders are going to leave the ACC and join the Big 10. It is looked at as an inferior conference in both major sports. #IAGDTBATH

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I’m not going to start a big argument, but how familiar are you with UNC?  My family has deep ties to the area.  

UNC is tied to Duke.  They aren’t leaving the ACC. They are a founding member and arguably the most powerful voice in the ACC.. Although, some say that is fading with Clemson’s success in football. However, UNC football is helping keep their spot at the top of the conference. Plus, no way UNC leaders are going to leave the ACC and join the Big 10. It is looked at as an inferior conference in both major sports. #IAGDTBATH

I agree that UNC won’t leave the ACC. They have it really good there. 

1 minute ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

B1G makes significantly more money than the ACC, but all in all I agree. I don't see any ACC teams jumping ship. Also Big 12 media rights deal ends in 2025, which is why all this is going down. ACC media rights expires in 2036. So if we're poaching ACC teams it will be in a decade haha. 

• Plus1 1