So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

Catching up on the thread.  Feels like Kansas is a recurring theme... I'd love to see colorado added into the fold- would be great to bring back that annual series and the Denver market is explosive when you consider population growth.  

Ive seem some mention of UNC and some deeper south ACC squads, I just dont see why they would make that jump given its so drastic geographically speaking.  Personally, I actually feel the ACC has done a pretty good job in past years on stability and schools theyve added in.  They pretty much own the eastern part of the US and has some notable programs in florida.... probably the reason why ND wants to align for access to these regions

13 minutes ago, admo said:

lol I can see it now.  SEC adds Texas and Oklahoma.  Big Ten adds Syracuse and Temple.

Warren can be expected to pull a "Warren" on this. Like COVID protocols, he won't have anything in place. What we can count on is Warren will be late to the party- which will leave us left out and when he does attend he will be carrying a container of spoiled potato salad that had been in his trunk for the last 12 hours. 

Will he be relying in Jeff Brohm to come up with possible teams to add, like he did with COVID protocols? Will he need Scott Frost and Nebraska fans to prod him along, to get off the basement couch- be proactive and put the work in- At LEAST have a well laid out contingency plan in place?

Or will he just sit back- and be the ballot counter as some suggest that is all he is and wait for University Presidents to come up with plans and acquisition targets? At the end of the day, those carrying his water will continue to make excuses for- and be lugging those jugs of water for him. 

13 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

Catching up on the thread.  Feels like Kansas is a recurring theme... I'd love to see colorado added into the fold- would be great to bring back that annual series and the Denver market is explosive when you consider population growth.  

Colorado doesn't want to be in the geographically very distant B1G and they seem pretty happy to be in the P12. Colorado has a lot of connections with the West coast schools.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

Not sure Missouri is opposed to Texas joining the SEC. I think only Arkansas and A&M will be opposed, but who knows.

You could very well be right about this. Missouri left because they thought the conference wasnt going to be viable long term. While that sin lays squarely on the heads of the longwhores- Missouri's lack of love for Texas certainly is not as strong as NU, Arky or the Aggies. 

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Colorado doesn't want to be in the geographically very distant B1G and they seem pretty happy to be in the P12. Colorado has a lot of connections with the West coast schools.

Do they though?  They seem like a distance step child to everyone else.  For what its worth, I don't think they leave either and more just a wish list but I'd be shocked if colorado didnt at least take a call.  The big10 is projected to double the revenue given to schools that Pac12 hands out with the next tv rights agreement.  Money talks

While the Big12 has been mostly a s#!t show, I could very easily make the argument that the Pac12 has displayed a greater level of incompetence.  They have, by far, the worst TV rights of any P5 conference, they've failed to promote their brands on a national level- time zone challenges or not, their decisions to play games late saturday night and refusal of earlier games has been the biggest reason they get minimal playoff hype and consideration.

Also, for what its worth.  CU is actually closer distance wise to the Big10 headquarters compared to Pac 12 and is actually closer to more schools in the Big10, distance wise, than the Pac 12.  

If the BIG is leaving this to Sir Kevin Warren- the man thinks he has done a great job and HAS NO REGRETS ON HOW HE HANDLED LAST SEASON. My goodness this is telling. What an idiot. 

"Kevin Warren says he doesn't have any regrets about how he handled the 2020-21 year. Says if he had to do it over again he would make the same decisions."

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/commissioner-kevin-warren-has-no-regrets-with-how-the-2020-season-was-handled/?fbclid=IwAR0kV_isOPlRrmTZ-v-PkybrUDY8uUFnYeAqC3vIPrReey_TSyyKct_oADc

• Plus1 3
41 minutes ago, gossamorharpy said:

I'd love to see colorado added into the fold- would be great to bring back that annual series and the Denver market is explosive when you consider population growth. 

200.gif

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

If the BIG is leaving this to Sir Kevin Warren- the man thinks he has done a great job and HAS NO REGRETS ON HOW HE HANDLED LAST SEASON. My goodness this is telling. What an idiot. 

https://saturdaytradition.com/big-ten-football/commissioner-kevin-warren-has-no-regrets-with-how-the-2020-season-was-handled/?fbclid=IwAR0kV_isOPlRrmTZ-v-PkybrUDY8uUFnYeAqC3vIPrReey_TSyyKct_oADc

I guess we'll end up with  U of Delaware and U of Rhode Island as our conference expansion teams.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, funhusker said:

B1G East:

OSU

Michigan

MSU

Penn State

Indiana

Purdue

Illinois

Wisconsin

B1G West:

Nebraska

Iowa

Northwestern

Minnesota

Washington

USC

Oregon

Stanford

They can play the conference championship at the Rose Bowl…

So what is the process in kicking Rutgers and Maryland out of the conference?  Wisc votes to veto your realignment plan.