So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

This says it all.  Has been a done deal for some time now.  Voting result already known with A&M being the only 'no'.   As pointed out earlier, does A&M now bolt for the Big 10?  I think there might be something to this.  They would be a big addition football wise and if we somehow get ND, that would be almost tit for tat money/branding/exposure/quality vs. Texas and OU.   I would argue that A&M is a far better football program (right now) than Texas. 

40 minutes ago, Bledred said:

This says it all.  Has been a done deal for some time now.  Voting result already known with A&M being the only 'no'.   As pointed out earlier, does A&M now bolt for the Big 10?  I think there might be something to this.  They would be a big addition football wise and if we somehow get ND, that would be almost tit for tat money/branding/exposure/quality vs. Texas and OU.   I would argue that A&M is a far better football program (right now) than Texas. 

Zero chance of that. A&M would suffer greatly in recruiting not being in the SEC while Texas is. I can tell you as an Aggie grad and former Texas Resident that people there really look down on northern football. The Aggie alums Ive talked to have said they are just going to have to take it in the shorts and stay in the SEC. They really like where Jimbo is taking the program though and they have their facilities and finances in order. 

LOTS of evidence suggests A&M leadership has known about this all along and is saying no- just to save face with the fans. 

I visited Kyle Field about 3 weeks ago- and their newish baseball and basketball venues- All amazing- much improved over 10 years ago. 

• Plus1 2

Another "Warren" all BIG schools are supposed to come up with their own protocols for COVID>  

What exactly has this man done to earn his salary? The heavy lifting so far is put back on the schools. One would think this would be one of the things the league would actually do on behalf of all the schools involved. So typical. He is a lazy kick the can down the road leader who has no business being in the position he is.  

https://www.weau.com/2021/07/23/big-ten-says-schools-will-decide-covid-19-protocols/

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Zero chance of that. A&M would suffer greatly in recruiting not being in the SEC while Texas is. I can tell you as an Aggie grad and former Texas Resident that people there really look down on northern football. The Aggie alums Ive talked to have said they are just going to have to take it in the shorts and stay in the SEC. They really like where Jimbo is taking the program though and they have their facilities and finances in order. 

LOTS of evidence suggests A&M leadership has known about this all along and is saying no- just to save face with the fans. 

I visited Kyle Field about 3 weeks ago- and their newish baseball and basketball venues- All amazing- much improved over 10 years ago. 

yep. I was a grad student at texas a&m and currently at UNL. the difference in $$$ and fan drawl to the SEC compared to big10 is amazing. 

• Plus1 2

West Virginia to the ACC per this guy and his "source".  The move does make a ton of sense for WV.  ACC is in full-on expansion mode along with the SEC.  THE RACE IS ON!  Where is Warren??  Says an announcement within the next two weeks is expected per his inside source.  Big 12 is going to fully dissolve before the season starts at this rate.

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Maybe they should have thought of that before casting their lot with T. Boones Farms Pickens and his garbage family. 

I don’t think anyone will be sympathetic to them while they’re continuing to suckle at that teat. 

Curious, what is the issue with T. Boone?

• Fire 1
21 minutes ago, Bledred said:

West Virginia to the ACC per this guy and his "source".  The move does make a ton of sense for WV.  ACC is in full-on expansion mode along with the SEC.  THE RACE IS ON!  Where is Warren??  Says an announcement within the next two weeks is expected per his inside source.  Big 12 is going to fully dissolve before the season starts at this rate.

Makes sense both geographically and they get some old rivals back

• Plus1 1

Clemson knows it’s in trouble. Good article below.

This makes me wonder if the SEC reaching out to OSU, Michigan, FSU and Clemson has some fire to the smoke? Think about them joining a super conference and the TV deal that could come from that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rubbingtherock.com/2021/07/23/clemson-football-dangerous-spot-acc/amp/

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Clemson knows it’s in trouble. Good article below.

This makes me wonder if the SEC reaching out to OSU, Michigan, FSU and Clemson has some fire to the smoke? Think about them joining a super conference and the TV deal that could come from that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rubbingtherock.com/2021/07/23/clemson-football-dangerous-spot-acc/amp/

Meanwhile Kevin Warren couldn't even be bothered with attending the NCAA meetings on expanding the playoff to 12 games. SANKEY WAS THERE getting 2 more playoff spots for the new members of his conference. 

So while Sankey was working and had his hand in the cookie jar at this meeting. What was Kevin Warren doing? At home in the basement watching reruns of Gilligan's Island/Dr. Phil/Oprah, on a trip to Disney with his kids, polling the student bodies about their feelings about adding Kansas, rearranging all the newspaper articles and youth football trophies on his trophy wall, wordsmithing another defense of his awful performance last year which he thinks if he had to do it all over again he would do the very same thing ? Hard to say, super busy guy.  

• Haha 1

Once again, no idea if this guy is legit or not....

I'll say it pretty much matches what I've been thinking, at least. Oklahoma & Texas to the SEC is apparently almost a done deal. ACC teams & Notre Dame are too locked into their contracts to move. Big 8 nostalgia aside, there's not much in the remaining Big 12 worth taking. The best remaining option is to raid the Pac-12's top teams.

• Plus1 1

One other observation: there's been talk of the Power Five being reduced to four, but I think there's a strong chance that we'll see three tiers emerge within FBS. SEC and Big Ten at the top, the ACC and some configuration of the remains of the Big 12 and Pac as the mid tier, and G5 at the bottom. I could maybe see the AAC moving into the mid tier at some point, not necessarily with its current membership.