So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

11 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Am I the only one feeling some schadenfreude toward the fans of Big 12 teams who claimed we cut and run from Texas? 

Looking forward to the narrative, UT couldn't beat TCU and fled the Big12.

7 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I have wondered if the B1G has ever talked to Vanderbilt.  Not that we want them now, but it is the one school that doesn't seem to fit in the SEC.  It really is a B1G type of school.

Vandy screams ACC to me. I'm surprised they didn't go with the Southern Conference in that early 20th Century schism. 

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, Toe said:

Once again, no idea if this guy is legit or not....

Flugar's known as an Infotainer on the CR chats.  There are three of them that tweet out just about anything that will draw attention.

4 hours ago, Courtesy Flush said:

Clemson knows it’s in trouble. Good article below.

This makes me wonder if the SEC reaching out to OSU, Michigan, FSU and Clemson has some fire to the smoke? Think about them joining a super conference and the TV deal that could come from that?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/rubbingtherock.com/2021/07/23/clemson-football-dangerous-spot-acc/amp/

I have never understood the logic behind these articles.  Clemson has never had as much fiscal revenue as Alabama nor the northern blue bloods that the Cacti beat resoundingly.  Also Disney owns the ACC (+much of ND's) media rights for a generation and no major conference moves happen without the Mouse's approval.  So a major CR move from the ACC teams is neither necessary nor feasible. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Flugar's known as an Infotainer on the CR chats.  There are three of them that tweet out just about anything that will draw attention.

I have never understood the logic behind these articles.  Clemson has never had as much fiscal revenue as Alabama nor the northern blue bloods that the Cacti beat resoundingly.  Also Disney owns the ACC (+much of ND's) media rights for a generation and no major conference moves happen without the Mouse's approval.  So a major CR move from the ACC teams is neither necessary nor feasible. 

ESPN owns the SEC network though, and Disney owns the majority of ESPN, it's all the same thing.  If they think they can make more money by Clemson going to the SEC they'd allow it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RichardHangslow said:

My question is why would the SEC stop at Texas and Oklahoma why wouldn't they go after Clemson Florida State and other big-name schools

The ACC schools are thought to be 'stuck' due to the massive buyouts necessary for them to leave the league.

31 minutes ago, Mavric said:

HAY GUYS LET'S DIG OURSELVES HOLE EVEN DEEPER IN THIS HOLE!

Dr. Tom was a visionary and moved NU out of the debacle light years in advance of the implosion. Trouble for most of those involved in the fallout, TT-KState-Okie State-KU-TCU-Baylor-ISU, was like being children in a divorce, had to stay with mom or settle for a good foster home...

• Plus1 4

I feel bad for all the non-blue blood Big 8/12 teams. They really have no power or control over anything, just have to beg for scraps and hope they land on their feet.

Couldn't be more thankful we're in such a solid and strong position especially with how poor our performance has been across the board for the last handful of years.

• Plus1 1