So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting thought:

Did this SEC have this in their back pocket the whole time and was pushing the playoffs larger going to get 7-8 teams in? 

12 team playoff, NIL, ESPN, expand SEC, TV Markets/Revenue, all hands on deck, all eyes on me.  In less than a year.

So yeah, in the works for awhile.  But was needing a few smart people (and brave enough) to make it happen this strategically.  

11 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting thought:

Did this SEC have this in their back pocket the whole time and was pushing the playoffs larger going to get 7-8 teams in? 

they said that the treacherous twosome started negotiating with the SEC 6 months ago which is the same time as they were quietly planning the playoff expansion.  The SEC man in the playoff room must have known that his conference was expanding. 

9 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Maybe it’s already been discussed, my bad, but I guess this is why Moos retired and NU hired Trev. Someone young and experienced to navigate a conference realignment or whatever is happening in collegiate athletics. 

This is probably one of a few bullet point reasons why Moos retired. Probably pulled a Murtaugh too...

200.gif

Apologies for the expletive, but I figured you can't pull a Murtaugh GIF w/o showing the expletive. It's internet law or something. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 4
10 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Maybe it’s already been discussed, my bad, but I guess this is why Moos retired and NU hired Trev. Someone young and experienced to navigate a conference realignment or whatever is happening in collegiate athletics. 

I mean, the guy we had navigating the last conference realignment wasn't exactly young...

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mavric said:

Interesting thought:

I feel like the 12 team playoff thing is a done deal? The people in power will get what they want done to their benefit. 

Can’t agree with the retweeter strongly enough. 

Still hearing Kansas to the B1G is done, but they want the numbers to be even, so they’re looking for sweet team #16. 

Maybe that B1G/PAC-12 and the Big XII/PAC-12 series of meetings has to do with horse trading old Big XII schools for new ones?

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Can’t agree with the retweeter strongly enough. 

Still hearing Kansas to the B1G is done, but they want the numbers to be even, so they’re looking for sweet team #16. 

Maybe that B1G/PAC-12 and the Big XII/PAC-12 series of meetings has to do with horse trading old Big XII schools for new ones?

I think you're probably right. Iowa St. probably makes the most sense geographically, plus they're like the 3rd biggest school in the Big 12. They have an enrollment of around 36,000. The question is if it's not ISU then who? West Virginia makes sense from a geographic standpoint, but they are abysmal academically, and have a small population, which means that their viewership doesn't ring the bell either. 

So is it OkSt? Not as great of a geographic fit as ISU or WVU, but they help with recruiting territory, and they bring a better overall athletic program, as they are competitive in FB, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Basketball. But what is their viewership?

At the end of the day, both the BIG and Pac12 are going to be competing for who brings the most viewership, because that's where the money is, and that's what is driving the bus now.