So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

Wonder who the 16th member would be as surely they wouldn't just want Kansas? 

When it comes to AAU a school I haven't heard mentioned would be Virginia. Would make sense some geography wise, good basketball program, baseball program has had some success as well. 

Just now, Micheal said:

When it comes to AAU a school I haven't heard mentioned would be Virginia. Would make sense some geography wise, good basketball program, baseball program has had some success as well. 

If you asked me last week I would say no chance of Iowa Sate.   But it's Kevin Warren so....

But the PAC and 12 meeting is probably a reactive one, my guess is a PAC school is looking to the B1G.

20 minutes ago, Redux said:

If you asked me last week I would say no chance of Iowa Sate.   But it's Kevin Warren so....

But the PAC and 12 meeting is probably a reactive one, my guess is a PAC school is looking to the B1G.

Are you thinking most geographic in Colorado or like a USC/UCLA? 

Honestly, I know they don't bring anywhere near what others could bring as far as media markets, size of fanbase, and pedigree, but I wouldn't mind Iowa State at all. They're a smaller version of Nebraska and Wisconsin fused - simple midwestern folk that love to party and love their underdog.

There is a lane and approach to be taken that isn't trying to do the exact same thing as the SEC and be the biggest/baddest/most. If the B1G has its own unique identity and footprint and experience, that draws attention. 

• Plus1 2
52 minutes ago, Micheal said:

No way it will be Virginia.  At least until 2035 (or 2036?).

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

That bball baggage is worth a lot of money

It's worth it, just an awful awful Fball team to boot.

59 minutes ago, Micheal said:

Are you thinking most geographic in Colorado or like a USC/UCLA? 

Colorado for Geography, USC or Oregon if they swing for fences

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Gorillahawk said:

I think you're probably right. Iowa St. probably makes the most sense geographically, plus they're like the 3rd biggest school in the Big 12. They have an enrollment of around 36,000. The question is if it's not ISU then who? West Virginia makes sense from a geographic standpoint, but they are abysmal academically, and have a small population, which means that their viewership doesn't ring the bell either. 

So is it OkSt? Not as great of a geographic fit as ISU or WVU, but they help with recruiting territory, and they bring a better overall athletic program, as they are competitive in FB, Wrestling, Baseball, Softball, and Basketball. But what is their viewership?

At the end of the day, both the BIG and Pac12 are going to be competing for who brings the most viewership, because that's where the money is, and that's what is driving the bus now. 

The B1G isn’t going to bring in a school (save for Norte Dame) that is already in their footprint. That means no Iowa State. 

Colorado OTOH would make for a good moving buddy with Kansas (since Oklahoma went full derp with Texass). The PAC-12 could then bring in Okie Lite, KSU, Iowa State, Texas Tech, and TCU, put them in the East with Utah and the Arizona schools, and you’ve got a decent PAC-16 East that expands their footprint into Texass (DFW), Oklahoma (Tulsa, OKC), and Kansas (Kansas City and part of St. Louis). 

Turn around and start a non-con scheduling agreement with the B1G (e.g. Kansas State @ Nebraska, Colorado vs. Okie Lite, Kansas vs Sister Mary Immaculate of the Blind) to initially prey on nostalgia…and everyone is a winner. 

Except Texass, because they will always be cheating, thieving whores. 

• Plus1 2