So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

NU vs. Washington State or NU vs. North Carolina or NU vs. South Carolina or NU vs. Utah or NU vs. Vanderbilt or NU vs. TCU at home compared to NU vs. Bethune-Cookman at home or NU vs. Arkansas State at home. Which of these will have more people pass through the gates (believe it or not, despite 'selling out' there are actual empty seats during some NU games....mostly for non-conference games against non-power 5 teams)?  Which of these games will have the highest number of people tuning in to watch?  This is not hard. 

What's your point?

More fans watch USC vs. Nebraska in person and on TV than ________________(fill in any non-power 5 school). 

4 hours ago, Bledred said:

More fans watch USC vs. Nebraska in person and on TV than ________________(fill in any non-power 5 school). 

More fans watch any Power 5 vs. Nebraska in person and on TV than _______________(fill in any non-power 5 school).

That has nothing to do with 'revenge' against specific teams from 15 years ago. You're changing your argument.

7 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

More fans watch any Power 5 vs. Nebraska in person and on TV than _______________(fill in any non-power 5 school).

That has nothing to do with 'revenge' against specific teams from 15 years ago. You're changing your argument.

No, I am addressing your issue which was about money and the loss of money by playing on a PAC12 rotation.

It is looking more and more like the Big 12 is going to duct tape itself together and add a few more teams to remain somewhat relevant.  Names in their pot are BYU, Boise State, Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati.  Nobody is going to take them seriously as a power conference even if they do go this route.  They are pretty much done for when it comes to the lime light. 

download.gif

• Haha 1

Maybe the Mountain West could merge with them or something, and they could get Colorado St, Air Force, Wyoming, etc. If they want to stay together that might be the best thing they can do. If they can't get a big fish then maybe they can get a bunch of medium sized fish.

I still think the B1G might court Kansas and someone else.

3 hours ago, Bledred said:

No, I am addressing your issue which was about money and the loss of money by playing on a PAC12 rotation.

And I was addressing your claim that the fanbase will care a huge extra amount for getting revenge against USC, Arizona State and Colorado. 

16 hours ago, CheeseHusker said:

Four groups of 16 seems inevitable at this point. It might take another 5-10 years but that feels like the end game here.

I can see this happening and I’m okay with it.

I just started viewing it as 8 8-team “mini” conferences.  

People are just going to have to get used to the idea that winning the division is akin to winning the old Big 8.

Probably won’t see 4 groups of 16 teams unless there is a television deal that is equitable to all 4 groups.  No one wants the other 8 from the Big 12 because they don’t bring even half the money to the table that the current conferences distribute currently.  So if they add teams, each team in a conference would likely make less per year.  Just not going to happen without an NFL like broadcast deal.

• Plus1 1