So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

Thanks again to Coach Osborne for being such a visionary. Those 11-1 votes have come back to haunt the little sisters. I have very fond memories traveling to Manhattan, Lawrence, Ames etc but it's their bed, they have to sleep in it now. I wish them well though, will be very tough sledding for them now.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

6 hours ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Regardless of where Iowa State ends up ( Big 10.  Barry Alvarez told me so).  It'll be fun watching Texas get their asses handed to them at away games.  How many calls do you think Texas is going to get from the soon to be unemployed Big 12 officiating crews?  I will be surprised if they win a conference game this year.

i will miss seeing the Boomer Schooner tipping over and dumping Okies on their heads though...that was always amusing.

If Iowa St ends up in the B1G, that'd be a huge  win for the entire school/athletic department. It's an offer Iowa St should take immediately, whether OU and Texas leave, or somehow stick around.

I certainly don't mean any offense by this, but I would hope the B1G is shooting a little higher than ISU, considering the only conference they're looking up at appears to be adding two of football's heavyweights.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Thanks again to Coach Osborne for being such a visionary. Those 11-1 votes have come back to haunt the little sisters. I have very fond memories traveling to Manhattan, Lawrence, Ames etc but it's their bed, they have to sleep in it now. I wish them well though, will be very tough sledding for them now.  

This is so true. Told somebody today, Osborne saved Nebraska football in 2010. We just weren’t sure until this week that was true. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

49 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

Minus the AAU ranking, if the Huskers were still in the Big 12, the B1G would take them now.

The AAU seems to be more of a Mensa-like Mutual Admiration Society than anything. Perlman mentioned that being a part of the Big Ten Academic Aliance (formerly the CIC) had much more direct, concrete benefits for UNL than the AAU did. The only thing the AAU really did for us was, well, help us get into the Big Ten.

4 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

Minus the AAU ranking, if the Huskers were still in the Big 12, the B1G would take them now.

I think you would always have a home but who knows? 

I wonder what OU expects to gain from this move.  Right now the Sooners have a clear path to the post-season or Sugar Bowl.  If Texas left on their own and was replaced by UH, would OU think they would lose the Red River something or TX recruiting in general?

OU and Texas hired a firm out of NYC to talk to the B1G and SEC about joining.  Their first choice was the B1G but they wouldn’t take OU because of AAU status but said yes to Texas.  Texas said that they were a package deal and the B1G still said nope.  They went to the SEC and they said yep.  

Reading across SEC boards,  they are happy about OU but not Texas and some have even said that if Texas does join,  look for the B1G to go after A&M and 3 other PAC schools ( USC, UCLA and Oregon).  

A&M is a huge research school and fits the B1G academically and the B1G has been wanting to get in the Texas market.  

A lot of SEC fans think that when it’s said and done,  the B1G could come out on top, especially if we add the West coast schools.   We would have a footprint that stretched from coast to coast with most of the major markets in them. 

• Plus1 1