So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

5 hours ago, TuffTiger said:

make my head hurt by try to fine out who can go where?  

But, good luck to you"re best GBR if you stay in BIG10 or what may come nect.

Plus also I don"t want TEXAs in sec, but not my fault.

TuffTiger

Columbia,MU:nanalama

Tuff Sighting!!!!

:moreinteresting

8 hours ago, admo said:

Whooooooo!??!!!!!!!  

I live in Texas, and for most of my life, holmes.  Millions and Millions and Millions do too.

You need to check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.  What you are saying and spreading around is inaccurate.  Stop hating and stirring up bulls#!t. 

If you read the articles posted here from others about the demise of the SWC and the BIG12 Texas arrogance is very evident to all. 

Your mileage may vary- but my job took me to the entire state. Later on I had a business for 15 years where I worked with HS football coaches from McAllen to Nacadoches- everywhere in the state- hundreds of coaches and football people.  When people saw my Aggie ring, they would talk about the Aggies AND Texas if they were a longwhores fan. I also had the pleasure of attending most of the Texas/NU games and of course A&M/ Texas games. While not as violent as Colorado or Missouri fans, the longwhore fan is in many ways much worse. 

At the end of the day- the longwhores definitely have the lowest ROI in terms of titles over the last 50 years, its really almost comical. Lavish spenders, great recruits- losers on the field- yet they somehow still think they are the cats meow when it comes to college football. On top of it- Austin used to be a great place to party- 6th street etc. I went there often when I was in school and even later.  Now it is a dirty. busy, crowded, dangerous,  absolute homeless liberal mecca mess. Took a 2 week jaunt to Texas last month- was within 50 miles of Austin and didn't bother- didn't even consider stopping.  On my last trip I had several people tell me they don't consider Austin to be part of the state anymore. 

There's a reason the Aggies and Hogs and most other teams fans down there hate the longwhores- it has nothing to do with me. It is based on their personal experience. One of my best buddies down there is a Horned Frog fanatic- he and his buddies dislike the longwhores worse than I do, by a large margin. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
9 hours ago, admo said:

Whooooooo!??!!!!!!!  

I live in Texas, and for most of my life, holmes.  Millions and Millions and Millions do too.

You need to check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.  What you are saying and spreading around is inaccurate.  Stop hating and stirring up bulls#!t. 

I’ve lived here for over two decades. What @Nebraska55fan said is accurate.

But staying within the confines of sports with discussing said delusions is very difficult. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

That laid out things as well as I have seen anywhere.

Make a TV agreement with the Pac-12 and be done with it.  Make a main channel and an auxiliary channel.  That will make tons of money for all!

KU and the rest.  Sucks for you.  Shouldn't have bent over for the Whorns and sided with Nebraska.  History lessons and hindsight can be a b!^@h!

KU can join the Big East and make their pathetic FB program go FCS.

So this is total hearsay, but I have a friend who is friends with the director of KU alumni. (Again I understand what people are thinking when they hear a story from a friend of a friend) They are pretty confident in Lawrence that KU will land in the Big Ten. Not necessarily right away, but in the next couple years. 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Gorillahawk said:

So this is total hearsay, but I have a friend who is friends with the director of KU alumni. (Again I understand what people are thinking when they hear a story from a friend of a friend) They are pretty confident in Lawrence that KU will land in the Big Ten. Not necessarily right away, but in the next couple years. 

Going to hurt that much more when they wind up in the American or Mountain West if they’re thinking they’re in the Big Ten

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

IDK about McClintock's statement that the ACC is unlikely to expand. If I'm West Virginia, I'm all over them.

And I could still see the Big Ten taking the top of the Pac, and then the bottom eight of the Pac merging with the leftover Big '8' teams. Doesn't necessarily have to happen this year, though. (I don't think the Big Ten needs to rush as much as some are acting like.)

• Plus1 1

There is possibly an opportunity in this for a program like ISU that has been on the rise the last couple of years.  If they end up in the AAC or Mountain West conference, there is a chance they would go in and be one of the better programs right away in those conferences.  This would allow them to win conference championships and end up in the playoffs.  From there, it could improve their recruiting and ultimately allow them to succeed more than they have in the past.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Lots of tweets here but pretty interesting:

Merge the Big Ten and Pac12 and finally grab ND to boot.....genius.  Could easily have two channels.  Would just need a sweet new name.  How about the Coast to Coast Conference?  The folks chanting "S.E.C"  "S.E.C" would sound small and pathetic to those chanting "COAST."  "TO".  "COAST".

16 hours ago, The Murphinator said:

Amazing (if true).  Let's see if this makes any sense.

ESPN owns SEC Network
ESPN still owes Texas $160 million for the Longhorn Network
ESPN owes the Big 12  $1 Billion over the next 4 years

Sounds like the big player in this has been ESPN, the entire time

The plan (discussions 6 months ago?) - move 2 teams to SEC, implode the Big 12, and get a billion off the books. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

There is possibly an opportunity in this for a program like ISU that has been on the rise the last couple of years.  If they end up in the AAC or Mountain West conference, there is a chance they would go in and be one of the better programs right away in those conferences.  This would allow them to win conference championships and end up in the playoffs.  From there, it could improve their recruiting and ultimately allow them to succeed more than they have in the past.

Yep.  A lot of the former big 12 orphans will find new success in the minor conferences.  They will all get to 'rule the roost' so to speak and feel like Nebraska was in the Big 8.  Why continue to dwindle under the shadow of OU when you can be at the top of the hill and get births into the 12 team playoff?  Anything goes in a playoff!

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Toe said:

IDK about McClintock's statement that the ACC is unlikely to expand. If I'm West Virginia, I'm all over them.

And I could still see the Big Ten taking the top of the Pac, and then the bottom eight of the Pac merging with the leftover Big '8' teams. Doesn't necessarily have to happen this year, though. (I don't think the Big Ten needs to rush as much as some are acting like.)

But, if you're the ACC, what does West Virginia bring to the table?  WVU isn't bad athletically, but they don't add a big population area for the ACC Network, and WVU is terrible academically (in the 200's of University rankings).  I don't see how WVU fits with the ACC, other than geographically.

• Plus1 1