Jump to content


So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?


Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, Husker66 said:

aTm was squeeling like a pig the day it was announced...then they rolled over silent. very , very odd...only reason I could see they went quiet....money....

Or they were told by the SEC brass to get in line or suffer their wrath. 

Link to comment
10 hours ago, Toe said:

Well, this could change the math in a hurry...

 

 

If that happens, the Big 10 needs to go after ND and USC, UCLA, Stanford or  Oregon or Colorado

This move by FSU might force ND's hand.  Maybe they would consider the more stable Big 10.  Would they want to stay in a ACC conference void of FSU & Clemson - the 2 premier names in the conference??

 

This website is thinking a 20 team SEC wt Ok State and WV in the mix

https://www.outkick.com/outkick-360-crew-breaks-down-sec-super-conference-proposal/

 

 

Quote

 

East Division

  • Clemson Tigers
  • Florida Gators
  • Georgia Bulldogs
  • LSU Tigers
  • South Carolina Gamecocks

West Division

  • Arkansas Razorbacks
  • Oklahoma Sooners
  • Oklahoma State Cowboys
  • Texas Longhorns
  • Texas A&M Aggies

South Division

  • Alabama Crimson Tide
  • Auburn Tigers
  • Florida State Seminoles
  • Ole Miss Rebels
  • Mississippi State Bulldogs

North Division    (TG Comment:  This is really a weak pod - maybe we can join it. We could win a pod trophy here for sure - first one since we won the division under Bo!)

  • Kentucky Wildcats
  • Missouri Tigers
  • Tennessee Volunteers
  • Vanderbilt Commodores
  • West Virginia Mountaineers

The idea of adding Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma State and West Virginia might not be as farfetched as some might think.

Some reports already say that the Tigers and Seminoles are monitoring the current landscape of college football and want to avoid getting left behind. Additionally, the Cowboys would love to remain attached at the hip to Oklahoma. It all makes sense.

 

 

Link to comment

@TGHusker I kinda like the idea of just taking the California schools. They're pretty much the top academically, and they could have their own local pod so there would be a little less travel.

Link to comment

10 hours ago, Toe said:

Well, this could change the math in a hurry...

 

 

Word is getting around about the 'Super Deal' the SEC made with ESPN.  Which is that any team they add to the league will get a FULL share of the money without the other teams taking a loss of one single cent.  The deal does specify that they must go after top level athletic programs This deal is immediate for any team joining the SEC, for they will be paid their full share as soon as they start competing in the league.  NO other conference in the country has this deal to offer new schools!  You can bet everything you own that OU and Texas will be leaving the Big 12 after this season and getting their big bucks starting in 2022 as SEC full members. You can bet your butt that every school entering the SEC has been approved by ESPN brass in advance. 

 

If Clemson and FSU go the SEC, the "power" conferences will just be the B1G, SEC, and PAC12 with just the B1G and SEC who will be the only two conferences that have teams who have even a remote chance at winning a National Championship in the near future and the scale will be heavily tilted toward the SEC.

 

In other words, Game. Set. Match.  SEC wins.  Unless the B1G has some major development up its sleeve.  Given how our leadership handled covid, I have serious doubts they have anything planned.  They are just spectators to this masterstroke plan by ESPN and the SEC as we all are. 

  • Plus1 4
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

If that happens, the Big 10 needs to go after ND and USC, UCLA, Stanford or  Oregon or Colorado

This move by FSU might force ND's hand.  Maybe they would consider the more stable Big 10.  Would they want to stay in a ACC conference void of FSU & Clemson - the 2 premier names in the conference??

 

This website is thinking a 20 team SEC wt Ok State and WV in the mix

https://www.outkick.com/outkick-360-crew-breaks-down-sec-super-conference-proposal/

 

 

 

Just don't see Okie Lite and WV as the top level athletic programs that the SEC is gunning for.  They want the best of the best (in football mainly).

  • Plus1 1
Link to comment

16 minutes ago, Bledred said:

Word is getting around about the 'Super Deal' the SEC made with ESPN.  Which is that any team they add to the league will get a FULL share of the money without the other teams taking a loss of one single cent.  The deal does specify that they must go after top level athletic programs This deal is immediate for any team joining the SEC, for they will be paid their full share as soon as they start competing in the league.

 

Who knows, very plausible. ESPN has the money to play the long game.

 

If ANYONE feels good about the BIG being on solid ground facing this very real threat of being relegated to the "Junior Varsity" level with Wrong Way Warren at the helm- please let me know what you are taking and where to procure it at. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

I can see how a regular season of guaranteed LSU vs. Oklahoma, Texas vs. Texas A&M, Clemson vs. Alabama, etc etc etc etc etc would be a TV ratings bonanza. 

 

But how does the NCAA maintain any semblance of a BCS post-season?  Does the Super Conference just take every slot, or does the 9-3 Oklahoma or Alabama lose its place in history to the Pac 12 and B10 champion?  At which point the SEC fans and players go.....hey wait!

 

Because at that point the Super Conference is bigger than the NCAA. 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I can see how a regular season of guaranteed LSU vs. Oklahoma, Texas vs. Texas A&M, Clemson vs. Alabama, etc etc etc etc etc would be a TV ratings bonanza. 

 

But how does the NCAA maintain any semblance of a BCS post-season?  Does the Super Conference just take every slot, or does the 9-3 Oklahoma or Alabama lose its place in history to the Pac 12 and B10 champion?  At which point the SEC fans and players go.....hey wait!

 

Because at that point the Super Conference is bigger than the NCAA. 

 

Honestly, all these super conferences will do is turn historically great programs ie. Texas and Oklahoma into also rans, like we are currently in the BIG. There will always be haves and have nots in every conference. The big fish in the small pond will likely be the small fish when they enter someone else's pond.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...