So NU SHould Have Went Back to the Big 12?

15 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I think you're vastly overestimating how important the sentiment of wanting to beat Arizona State and USC because we lost to them 15 and 25 years ago is to the fanbase as a whole.

NU vs. USC at home or NU vs. Colorado at home compared to NU vs. Bethune-Cookman at home or NU vs. Arkansas State at home.  Which of these will have more people pass through the gates (believe it or not, despite 'selling out' there are actual empty seats during some NU games....mostly for non-conference games against non-power 5 teams)?  Which of these games will have the highest number of people tuning in to watch?  This is not hard. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

53 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I think you're vastly overestimating how important the sentiment of wanting to beat Arizona State and USC because we lost to them 15 and 25 years ago is to the fanbase as a whole.

I don’t know man that Miami game in 2014 was electric!!

• Plus1 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
2 hours ago, Bledred said:

NU vs. USC at home or NU vs. Colorado at home compared to NU vs. Bethune-Cookman at home or NU vs. Arkansas State at home.  Which of these will have more people pass through the gates (believe it or not, despite 'selling out' there are actual empty seats during some NU games....mostly for non-conference games against non-power 5 teams)?  Which of these games will have the highest number of people tuning in to watch?  This is not hard. 

I agree with you.... but this is the program that tried to get out of the OU game..... scrapped a home and home with WSU....

they don't want to play P5  teams it seems....  here are the non-con coming in the years: Fordham, Buffalo, OU, North Dakota, GSU, colorado

La Tech, NIU, UTEP, Akron, Cin, ULM

5 hours ago, internetman said:

I agree with you.... but this is the program that tried to get out of the OU game..... scrapped a home and home with WSU....

they don't want to play P5  teams it seems....  here are the non-con coming in the years: Fordham, Buffalo, OU, North Dakota, GSU, colorado

La Tech, NIU, UTEP, Akron, Cin, ULM

The one who tried to back us out of the OU game is now gone.  Trev will be looking for the toughest opponents he can find to fill out our future schedules.  In order to be the best you have to beat the best.  We will not be climbing back into the top 25 by beating Fordham or Akron. 

7 minutes ago, Bledred said:

The one who tried to back us out of the OU game is now gone.  Trev will be looking for the toughest opponents he can find to fill out our future schedules.  In order to be the best you have to beat the best.  We will not be climbing back into the top 25 by beating Fordham or Akron. 

The SEC teams prove you wrong on that comment.  They get back in the top 25 by beating other "high reputation" SEC teams.

Even Minnesota went through a creampuff non-conference schedule in 2019 and then had a successful Big Ten season to get into the top 15.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bledred said:

We're seeing plenty of good teams each year in the West and have to crossover with Ohio State every year. I'm all for playing a marquee non-con game or series every year because it's fun, but we don't really need to add more challenge to our schedule and the other two games should be used to get ourselves right for conference play. Basically no Big Ten West teams ever play anyone with a pulse in non-con.

9 hours ago, Bledred said:

In negotiations as we type.  Might as well try and stop the sun from rising.  I personally cannot wait to do away with playing teams like Chattanooga, Troy, South Dakota State, Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas State, McNeese, South Alabama etc.  We have been playing USC since 1969 and have yet to beat them.  I want revenge for 2006 and 2007:

Untitled.png

Still wonder what might have been with that 2014 game. Is having a head coach and not having this distraction of him being fired worth an extra field goal in that game?

40 minutes ago, Bledred said:

wait.... it was Moos who wanted the cancel that game??? not the current coaching staff? because this is not the rumor on other forums.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

You should re-word this sentence. We haven't been playing them as often as you are making it seem with this comment.

You should quote the guy who actually wrote that sentence.

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, Bledred said:

NU vs. USC at home or NU vs. Colorado at home compared to NU vs. Bethune-Cookman at home or NU vs. Arkansas State at home

NU vs. Washington State or NU vs. North Carolina or NU vs. South Carolina or NU vs. Utah or NU vs. Vanderbilt or NU vs. TCU at home compared to NU vs. Bethune-Cookman at home or NU vs. Arkansas State at home. Which of these will have more people pass through the gates (believe it or not, despite 'selling out' there are actual empty seats during some NU games....mostly for non-conference games against non-power 5 teams)?  Which of these games will have the highest number of people tuning in to watch?  This is not hard. 

What's your point?

13 hours ago, Bledred said:

In negotiations as we type.  Might as well try and stop the sun from rising.  I personally cannot wait to do away with playing teams like Chattanooga, Troy, South Dakota State, Bethune-Cookman, Arkansas State, McNeese, South Alabama etc.  We have been playing USC since 1969 and have yet to beat them.  I want revenge for 2006 and 2007:

Untitled.png

I want to beat Arizona State a few more times for taking our perfect season away from us in 1996.  I want to beat Colorado at least 10 times in a row to avenge 2018-19 last minute losses.

These will be games I will actually care about.  I think that sentiment will carry throughout the base. 

Yeah we never got our best teams to line up.  1993 would have made a great Orange Bowl but for a land mine game against Cousin Oliver college.

7 hours ago, Mavric said:

Pretty sure these games aren't going away.

1 hour ago, Lorewarn said:

NU vs. Washington State or NU vs. North Carolina or NU vs. South Carolina or NU vs. Utah or NU vs. Vanderbilt or NU vs. TCU at home compared to NU vs. Bethune-Cookman at home or NU vs. Arkansas State at home. Which of these will have more people pass through the gates (believe it or not, despite 'selling out' there are actual empty seats during some NU games....mostly for non-conference games against non-power 5 teams)?  Which of these games will have the highest number of people tuning in to watch?  This is not hard. 

What's your point?

the question to ask is: Do you prefer an 11 game schedule or a 12th game against Southern Illinois?   Of course that ? was answered 15 years ago.