Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

A wee bit late for that. Big12 is dead.

Hahaha!

UT and OU are like that manipulative girl that has been planning to dump her boyfriend but is waiting until she has her next victim errrrr boyfriend lined up...and that first boyfriend is starting to figure it out and is planning that lame a$$ last ditch effort to "keep her", something like a fun romantic road trip to her favorite place...

Only that 8 hour drive to the lake house turns into 8 hours of silence and one word responses to every question.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

The only school I can see the B1G adding is Kansas. Notre Dame makes sense, but they have the NBC TV deal and get a share of ACC revenue for the other sports. So if they were to join a conference in football(they won't) the one that makes the most sense for them is the ACC.

Iowa State would make logical sense location wise but they bring nothing to the table that we don't already have in the B1G. Maybe Oklahoma State, but I am not sure if they are an AAU school- might not matter anymore but was important at one time. Texas Tech is another option but they aren't a big enough market and are very far away from many conference teams. 

Basically, we are left with Kansas and somebody else. If WVU wants to got to the ACC and some other school wants out of that conference, we could maybe pick them up. But so far, nobody is leaving the ACC. However, that might change if someone wants to make more money in the B1G and are unhappy in the ACC. 

We may be the B1G and left with 15 schools. Kansas makes sense to add as a basketball power to a very good conference in basketball. We can be selective in who we take and let it play out. This is why 15 makes sense instead of rushing to grab 16. If a team wants out of the PAC, ACC, or SEC, we can offer them that spot if they expand the B1G market and are a bigger brand than just settling on a team to get 16 in the conference. 

42 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

The only school I can see the B1G adding is Kansas. Notre Dame makes sense, but they have the NBC TV deal and get a share of ACC revenue for the other sports. So if they were to join a conference in football(they won't) the one that makes the most sense for them is the ACC.

Iowa State would make logical sense location wise but they bring nothing to the table that we don't already have in the B1G. Maybe Oklahoma State, but I am not sure if they are an AAU school- might not matter anymore but was important at one time. Texas Tech is another option but they aren't a big enough market and are very far away from many conference teams. 

Basically, we are left with Kansas and somebody else. If WVU wants to got to the ACC and some other school wants out of that conference, we could maybe pick them up. But so far, nobody is leaving the ACC. However, that might change if someone wants to make more money in the B1G and are unhappy in the ACC. 

We may be the B1G and left with 15 schools. Kansas makes sense to add as a basketball power to a very good conference in basketball. We can be selective in who we take and let it play out. This is why 15 makes sense instead of rushing to grab 16. If a team wants out of the PAC, ACC, or SEC, we can offer them that spot if they expand the B1G market and are a bigger brand than just settling on a team to get 16 in the conference. 

Iowa State seems like a good fit to me but you’re right about them not bringing much to the table. Maybe the PAC whatever can pick up Okie State and the Texas teams and we can take Colorado. 

11 hours ago, teachercd said:

I would watch it!

Lifetime is my go to for Science Fiction's Where Are They Now?  

8 hours ago, Bigred_inSD said:

So fitting that Texas started the death of this conference and are now part of pulling it off life support 

3 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Makes us look even smarter for leaving years ago. We all knew the Big XII was falling apart then. 

Yeah, I guess the Huskers were right all along.  Texas can't seem to join a conference without looking to leave it. 

• Thanks 2
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...