Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...

29 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I see no way how that conference can stay afloat until 2025. Our 1 year exit in the conference was rough enough. Imagine 4 years of it. 

It won't. There will be some form of litigation and negotiation where OU and UT will pay their exit fees early to leave early. I'm guessing the Big 12 doesn't exist after 2022. 

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

It won't. There will be some form of litigation and negotiation where OU and UT will pay their exit fees early to leave early. I'm guessing the Big 12 doesn't exist after 2022. 

Really interested to see if Warren can redeem himself. Assuming Alvarez will be part of trying to bring in a few new schools. Definitely not a situation where the B1G can stay idle. I know it wont happen but I would love to see us take 4 teams, Iowa State, Kansas, K State, Okie State. I know it isnt going to happen but man that would be nice and make the B1G feel like home ha. 

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Really interested to see if Warren can redeem himself. Assuming Alvarez will be part of trying to bring in a few new schools. Definitely not a situation where the B1G can stay idle. I know it wont happen but I would love to see us take 4 teams, Iowa State, Kansas, K State, Okie State. I know it isnt going to happen but man that would be nice and make the B1G feel like home ha. 

K-State and Okie State don't fit the academic profile, but I certainly see them moving on ISU and KU. 

9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

It takes four schools to break the new-Big12 GOR.  Two are accounted for.  KU to your conference, WVU to the ACC. 

This is plausible and likely because Disney owned ESPN can open or close the money hose. 

I don't really care that much.  Except I hope they don't place Texas and Oklahoma in a pod with Missouri and/or Texas A&M.  I don't think Arkansas wants anything to do with them either.  There are strong reasons why these 3 schools left (SWC and Big XII) for the SEC conference. 

Since Arkansas left the SWC, it's been awhile, so they don't mind playing Texas on occasion.  But seriously, none of these teams want to play UT and OU every year.  So please don't bring back the Big XII theme.  Forget about the old familiar rivalry schtick. 

Unfortunately though, they will be put together as we all know.  Maybe excluding Texas A&M, but I doubt it.

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...