Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

What does his article say? 

He's vague with his source but says that a someone high ranking with knowledge of the situation spoke with the Houston Chronicle and said that OU and Texas have reached out to the SEC regarding joining the SEC basically.

This is either a whale of a story or a whopper so we'll see.

• Thanks 1

"An announcement could come within a couple of weeks concerning the potential addition of UT and OU to the league, the person said, which would give the SEC 16 schools and make it the first of a national super-conference."

Not going to go all in on this story until it happens or if we start hearing more chatter from reliable sources.

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Not going to go all in on this story until it happens.  Or if we start hearing more from decent sources.

If it's true, Kevin Warren better get his s#!t together and get someone good

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

He's vague with his source but says that a someone high ranking with knowledge of the situation spoke with the Houston Chronicle and said that OU and Texas have reached out to the SEC regarding joining the SEC basically.

This is either a whale of a story or a whopper so we'll see.

Zoinks.

• Fire 1

I don't understand why either school would want that, honestly. I mean sure their tv rights suck (well, Texas has the LHN still) and their conference is in the bottom half of the P5, but Texas gets to throw its weight around way disproportionately and Oklahoma has an almost guaranteed playoff spot each year. What do they gain, a little bit of extra money?

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

I don't understand why either school would want that, honestly. I mean sure their tv rights suck (well, Texas has the LHN still) and their conference is in the bottom half of the P5, but Texas gets to throw its weight around way disproportionately and Oklahoma has an almost guaranteed playoff spot each year. What do they gain, a little bit of extra money?

Maybe because the SEC doesn't have a singular Michigan or UNC who is clearly in charge?  Or Texas thinks it can displace Alabama/Tenn in the way they overpowered NU/OU.

• Fire 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am sure Kevin Warren is already trying to line up some big names, like, University of Chicago, Chicago State, gotta think that Indiana State gets a call.

The right man is in place.

This makes sense and explains why Solich retired. Ohio was obviously looking for a young energetic coach to guide them in the Big Ten!

• Haha 2
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...