Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...

• suh_fan93 changed the title to Oklahoma & Texas to the SEC???

On 7/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, GSG said:

If it's true, Kevin Warren better get his s#!t together and get someone good

Kevin Warren had Oklahoma in his lap and let it slip through. 

From what I understand, as soon as the former President at Oklahoma retired, a lot of the wind for moving OU (and Kansas) to the B1G died with him. But there was enough to press forward--Warren just had his head up his a$$ so far, he didn't bother reaching out or trying to rekindle the relationship. And since the Oklahoma fans have wanted to go to the SEC the whole time...the fans are gonna get their wish, because there's no counter voice of reason, nor is there anyone from the B1G working on this. 

It's s*** like this that's getting me on the "Kevin Warren is a f****** idiot" bandwagon. 

On Texas going to the SEC...I really don't see that happening. Texas A&M has the right to block them, and unless Texas is willing to make some significant (and probably humiliating) concessions (counter: or the rest of the SEC makes concessions to Texas A&M), it won't happen. 

At least with the SEC scenario, the Longwhorn Network won't be a big deal since ESPN owns it and the SEC Network. Hell, folks with Longwhorn Network will probably get TWO SEC networks...yay. :-|

Kansas, on the other hand, has been pretty damn quiet about this whole thing. They *would* be a great consolation prize for a SEC conference who has been trying to improve their basketball cache...and the geographic fit is there too.  

19 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

would be a good time to have a very competent person in charge of the B1G

Yeah, it's looking like the B1G is gonna go from the Penthouse to the Outhouse quick in the expansion race if we don't get someone else in there. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Amazing how quiet this was for 6 months, that is impressive. 

I'm just wondering how this all began between just OU and Texas.  One team I can see deciding to make a major move like this but the fact that this seems to be some sort of alliance between the two to make this move is very interesting. 

A Lifetime movie to come perhaps?  I'm thinking so.

2 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

I'm just wondering how this all began between just OU and Texas.  One team I can see deciding to make a major move like this but the fact that this seems to be some sort of alliance between the two to make this move is very interesting. 

A Lifetime movie to come perhaps?  I'm thinking so.

I would watch it!

• Haha 1
  • suh_fan93 changed the title to Oklahoma & Texas both accept invitations to join the SEC...